Poll Question: Is our money funding a disfunctional football association
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [95.00%]
2 [5.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Surely owed a few on the season ticket. Worst year for it yet
We have had 4 home games already on it. The game in Thomond Park will make it 5. That’s the same as any other year.
Sponsored Links

Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
No, was just the Switzerland, Bulgaria, New Zealand and Denmark games then they said one more fixture TBD.
Ask MaGee
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

No, was just the Switzerland, Bulgaria, New Zealand and Denmark games then they said one more fixture TBD.

Think the FAI were hoping to qualify and have a glamour friendly for March. 

Save that they were hoping to probably get the final at home 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We have had 4 home games already on it. The game in Thomond Park will make it 5. That’s the same as any other year.
I wouldn’t be too certain on Thomond game being included, particularly if we qualify. We have 14k roughly STs and Thomond is what 25/26k capacity. This includes terracing to which UEFA are not fans of. The terracing was used last time we played there as I was stood on it, but that is no guarantee it will be this time. That leaves the option of bucket seating or worse again, empty terraces. Both options obviously reduce the capacity. 

After STs there are other tickets including sponsors/corporate and of course general sale. There would have to be a general sale. All of these would be in more demand if we qualify.

Of course I could be wrong but I don’t believe it is feasible to include this on the ST. Not all ST holders would go. The ST is for LR so anyone who cant or even doesn’t want to go to Thomond would, I imagine, be well within their rights to expect and demand another game in LR so it would be just too problematic to allocate this game to some whilst others can wait for another day.

Edited by Sham157 - 16 Feb 2020 at 5:37pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 7:50pm

That’s abroad to Dubs.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I wouldn’t be too certain on Thomond game being included, particularly if we qualify. We have 14k roughly STs and Thomond is what 25/26k capacity. This includes terracing to which UEFA are not fans of. The terracing was used last time we played there as I was stood on it, but that is no guarantee it will be this time. That leaves the option of bucket seating or worse again, empty terraces. Both options obviously reduce the capacity. 

After STs there are other tickets including sponsors/corporate and of course general sale. There would have to be a general sale. All of these would be in more demand if we qualify.

Of course I could be wrong but I don’t believe it is feasible to include this on the ST. Not all ST holders would go. The ST is for LR so anyone who cant or even doesn’t want to go to Thomond would, I imagine, be well within their rights to expect and demand another game in LR so it would be just too problematic to allocate this game to some whilst others can wait for another day.
Under Mick I don’t believe there will be trouble on the streets if we miss a game!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 1:01am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Under Mick I don’t believe there will be trouble on the streets if we miss a game!
I’d mainly agree bar perhaps some isolated pockets of minor unrest from people who use any opportunity..

Anyhow, on further reflection and following a reminder of a conversation had previously, when this issue arose prior to NI, it seems that in the T&Cs of the ST (of which I cant find to verify) the FAI may utilise another ‘home’ stadium should LR be out of commission. Perhaps it is a bit more likely that the ST could be in use for this that I previously thought.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 12:29pm

Made worse with the final home game not being played in the ST season LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:14pm
Owens on the radio now saying 9 matches rather than 6 next autumn. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Sounds good but... where are they going to find the extra dates in the international calendar for these friendlies against Oman?

Sorry, I don't know where I got Oman from - I think I had some bizarre dream last night where we kept playing friendly matches against them at LR. WinkLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Sounds good but... where are they going to find the extra dates in the international calendar for these friendlies against Oman?

Sorry, I don't know where I got Oman from - I think I had some bizarre dream last night where we kept playing friendly matches against them at LR. WinkLOL
I'd say a friendly with Oman would sellout these days given everyone's lack of football
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'd say a friendly with Oman would sellout these days given everyone's lack of football
Went for a walk with my young lad yesterday and we spotted a dad and son having a kick about. I wanted to go get cans and start singing ffs 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:32pm

Went for a walk with my young lad yesterday and we spotted a dad and son having a kick about. I wanted to go get cans and start singing ffs 
I could just picture you standing there with a bag of cans at your feet and you pointing at the dad and his son and chanting 'You're supposed to be at home' LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 05 Apr 2020 at 9:37pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:22pm

I could just picture you standing there with a bag of cans at your feet and you pointing at the dad and his son and chanting 'You're supposed to be at home' LOL
LOL
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 2:39pm
Any word about renewal for next season, aware there's more pressing issues but all the same
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Any word about renewal for next season, aware there's more pressing issues but all the same
Still one game left on current so Id imagine there’ll be nothing until its known for sure when a ball will be kicked again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic