0 [0.00%]
13 [61.90%]
1 [4.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions league final predictions
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:58am
The cream of Europe are down to the last 2 heavyweights.

Who will win?

Seems like ages ago since they last played so both teams should be fresh. That’s advantage Spurs as they looked shattered the last few weeks of the season.

Picking a combined XI Liverpool will have the most players - better forwards and defence. Spurs have a better midfield tho.

Head says Liverpool as they have been brilliant this year.
Heart says Spurs as they have battled right through the champions league in every round.

I feel it will be Liverpool 2-1.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:06am
Liverpool to win it in normal time.
3-1

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:18am
No pens? 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:32am
Liverpool 2-0 or 2-1
Couldn't really care if it ended 9-8 aet once we win it

Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The cream of Europe are down to the last 2 heavyweights.

Who will win?

Seems like ages ago since they last played so both teams should be fresh. That’s advantage Spurs as they looked shattered the last few weeks of the season.

Picking a combined XI Liverpool will have the most players - better forwards and defence. Spurs have a better midfield tho.

Head says Liverpool as they have been brilliant this year.
Heart says Spurs as they have battled right through the champions league in every round.

I feel it will be Liverpool 2-1.

Tis wrong to say Spurs have a better midfield than Liverpool. It's where I think Liverpool will win the game. Spurs midfield hasn't been settled all season, Sissoko has been very good and Eriksen is class (his form has been very up and down this season though), but they lack defensive stability in there and have done all season. Wanyama and Dier have had rough seasons, a lot off injuries and little form. It's hard not to see Liverpool dominating the middle and winning it from there.

Unless Pochettino comes up with a grand plan to win that battle in the middle, Liverpool will get at that Spurs back 4 too easily.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:17am
Both managers are chokers.  They both cant lose the final surely? Can they?  I would like to vote for a 3rd party team. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Both managers are chokers.  They both cant lose the final surely? Can they?  I would like to vote for a 3rd party team. 

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL
I think we all would!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:57pm
Liverpool 2-1. It would have been 4-1 two weeks back.

The best I can wish Eriksen is an injury to put him out of the Ireland game.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:29pm
Fancy Spurs to win by a couple 2-0. Sissoko MOTM.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:37pm
my prediction is loads of kids get a slap and their tickets robbed,  couple of waiters put into comas and hopefully nobody gets murdered .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:19pm
Liverpool 2-0 

Surely Kloop will finally win a final...LOL

Is it 6 in a row he has lost with Dortmund included? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Liverpool 2-0 

Surely Kloop will finally win a final...LOL

Is it 6 in a row he has lost with Dortmund included? 

He actually won his first cup final v Bayern 5-2 but has lost 6 in a row.

With Dortmund he lost 1 champions league and 2 German cup finals.
I don’t think he was favs in any of them. 

With Liverpool he lost the LC, EL and CL.
Would Liverpool have been favs v Sevilla?

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Liverpool were very slight favourites vs Sevilla iirc.

Be nice for a loser like Klopp if Liverpool win it. Who knew that back to back Bundesliga titles including a domestic double with a cracking style of football, doesn't actually count as trophies won. 

I reckon Liverpool win by 2. This to be the start of 3/4 years of a lot of trophies for Liverpool and Klopp imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:42pm
I reckon Pool will have a great start and go 2 up in the first half 
They’ll be all over spurs and will have one hand on the trophy
Spurs will come back a bit in the second half and nick a goal but will not ever look like winning it 

3-1
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:49pm
Spurs have lost 19 games over the season. Benefited from a weakened Barcelona side in December, and picked up two Away Goals wins. Liverpool have lost something like 8, and would be champions most times.

I doubt Liverpool will make light work of it, but they should win it, on paper.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Fancy Spurs to win by a couple 2-0.

The last time Spurs kept Liverpool scoreless for 90 minutes was in Klopp's first game in charge. Since then Liverpool have racked up 400+ goals in all competitions.

The ref has used VAR in every game he's been in charge since it was introduced. The video ref for the final, was the on field ref when Liverpool went to Porto in the quarter final, and needed it to go in front and wrap up the tie. Expect it to be used at some point in the final.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic