You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Division: The Irish Soccer Split

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The Tricolour on the bus when the Nordies arrived in Sweden for the '58 WC LOL

It's not even shown the scoreboard in the stadium from the win against Spain in 82, tricolour on that and all. 

is that a joke? any link lol

Nope, not a joke.

Joking aside, minor as it is, the iconic photos of the scoreboards from Stuttgart and New Jersey are some of my favourite pics from the glory years, be an awful sickener to have them tarnished like they must be for them. 

thanks for that LOL

any links for this doc online yet or will rte repeat it?
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:42pm
This only a one off ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The Tricolour on the bus when the Nordies arrived in Sweden for the '58 WC LOL

It's not even shown the scoreboard in the stadium from the win against Spain in 82, tricolour on that and all. 

is that a joke? any link lol

Nope, not a joke.

Joking aside, minor as it is, the iconic photos of the scoreboards from Stuttgart and New Jersey are some of my favourite pics from the glory years, be an awful sickener to have them tarnished like they must be for them. 

thanks for that LOL

any links for this doc online yet or will rte repeat it?

On the RTE Player 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I expect Terri to have a meltdown after been battered from pillar to post and yer man gspain to be doing his John Hume impersonation
Didn't see the programme, but interesting though it likely was, this "All-Ireland team" business doesn't really bother me.

For it will not, indeed cannot, happen until we have an all-Ireland state and that won't happen in my lifetime. (I don't expect to croak anytime soon, though I might not waken from an alcoholic coma should Spurs win the CL at the w/e, I suppose)

And even if/when it should happen, I'm sure my heirs and successors will still have a card or two to play:

So you guys enjoy Dreamworld, while the rest of us get on with the real one. Wink
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:28am
In the real world you should be planning for the inevitable....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:04am
El Puto Amo
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In the real world you should be planning for the inevitable....
Don't worry, we already have.

I mean, Michael O'Neill has already begun to implement a new possession-based, attacking style of football in anticipation of the retirement of McAuley, Hughes and Brunt etc. Peacock-Farrell for McGovern, too.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:56am
For those who are interested, short Tifo video here on the split from last year.  (The narrator does not seem to have watched any of Ireland's recent games as he says he was expecting an "exciting game" between ROI and NI...):

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:51am
Have been looking for this online for a while because I missed it when it was on, it  was taken off RTE player quickly aswell. Does anyone know where it can be seen online?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic