You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 - non Ireland Matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Yeah, I would expect it to be like how you said but it seems different this year. The approach this year though would seem to encourage people to apply for many and then pick what you want, unless it’s all or nothing.

I don't know for sure but I'd expect it is all or nothing.  

Would make sense, otherwise you could apply for tickets all over Europe with the option to pick and choose as you want. It could result in a load of declined tickets, and with no mention of a second ballot it doesn’t add up.
Sponsored Links

PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:20pm
I couldn't see any mention of a resale portal, do the unclaimed tickets from this round just move into the allocation for qualified teams in December?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

I couldn't see any mention of a resale portal, do the unclaimed tickets from this round just move into the allocation for qualified teams in December?
Portal usually comes after the allocation from qualified teams. Will be interesting to see how it works this time tho, the playoffs don't happen till March, presumably the group stage draw happens then end March, so not a lot of time to turn around nations allocations and portals in time for June (not to mention travel plans for away supporters who could be playing anywhere from Dublin to Baku
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

I do recall seeing mention of a portal but can't find it.  Unclaimed tickets in this phase get offered to unsuccessful fans via Fans First I think.  I'd expect the portal to open next year.  
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:34pm
Live in poland so debating whether to go to Budapest (where tickets would be plentiful I’d imagine) or Germany (where they won’t I’d also imagine).

Germany will play 2 group games in Munich? If they win their group are they guaranteed to be there more times?

See the tickets are cheaper for Budapest as well and I’ve never been there. The weather will be great in either. 

Europa final on in Gdansk which is a superb city so plenty of football around the locality next summer.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Live in poland so debating whether to go to Budapest (where tickets would be plentiful I’d imagine) or Germany (where they won’t I’d also imagine).

Germany will play 2 group games in Munich? If they win their group are they guaranteed to be there more times?

See the tickets are cheaper for Budapest as well and I’ve never been there. The weather will be great in either. 

Europa final on in Gdansk which is a superb city so plenty of football around the locality next summer.

No, if they win their group, their Ro16 is in Bucharest, QF in St. Petersburg, SF and Final in London.
If they come 2nd, Ro16 is in Dublin, QF then Rome.

The only way they have another game in Munich is if they come 3rd in their group, the other groups work out in such a way they have their Ro16 in Bilbao, win that, and then their QF is Munich
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:05pm
I'm planning on going to Budapest on the 16th June and Bucharest on the 18th. Had anyone ever done the overnight sleeper train between the 2 cities ? I know it's a long trip but it does come with a warning sign. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:58am
i done it in 1997 for ireland v romania.. bloody hell 20 years ago..  long journey it snowed going through transylvania,,, a lot....we had a nice four person compartment...but were warned not not to leave the carraige by the conductor.....bucharest was horrible wet and cold.. budapest was t-shirt weather...
Come on Irelind
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 12:59pm
If there's a few of you in the one compartment and you lock the door, you'll be grand. I wouldn't risk spending the night in a seat. I would definitely go for a proper sleeper (from €59) rather than a couchette (€39). The timing of the night train isn't so bad: leaves at 19:10 and is due to arrive at 12:30. Given you'll spend about half of that asleep, the timings are fine, and it's definitely going to work out cheaper than flying, given that it is city centre to city centre and includes a night's accommodation.

I would avoid the day trains. They leave before 08:00 and arrive between 23:00 and 00:00.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:13pm
Ditched the central european idea - Rome-Dam-Bilbao instead. All flights sorted for €345.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

i done it in 1997 for ireland v romania.. bloody hell 20 years ago..  long journey it snowed going through transylvania,,, a lot....we had a nice four person compartment...but were warned not not to leave the carraige by the conductor.....bucharest was horrible wet and cold.. budapest was t-shirt weather...

Must have been a seriously long journey...2 yearsSmile.
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

i met a woman..and stayed...!!
Come on Irelind
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:09pm

Still quicker than Irish Rail though.  
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:13pm

Ditched the central european idea - Rome-Dam-Bilbao instead. All flights sorted for €345.

Still hoping we could be playing in Bilbao.  However you will be looking for some of the toughest tickets there with the Dutch almost certain to have three home games in Amsterdam.  Tickets for Bilbao were in high demand in the first phase as well.    
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 4:32pm

i met a woman..and stayed...!!

Did she need a "bunk" up on the train ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Still quicker than Irish Rail though.  

And still had to change at Limerick Junction.........
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 12:08pm
Hungry v Iceland 
(Hungary beat Bulgaria 3-1, Iceland beat Romania 2-1)
Prediction: Iceland 

NI v Slovakia 
Prediction: Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Dead

Serbia v Scotland 
(Serbia beat Norway 2-1, Scotland beat Israel on peno 
Prediction: Serbia 

Georgia v Macedonia 
(Georgi beat Belarus 1-0, Macedonia beat Kosovo 2-1)
Prediction:  Macedonia 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Hungry v Iceland 
(Hungary beat Bulgaria 3-1, Iceland beat Romania 2-1)
Prediction: Iceland 

NI v Slovakia 
Prediction: Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Dead

Serbia v Scotland 
(Serbia beat Norway 2-1, Scotland beat Israel on peno 
Prediction: Serbia 

Georgia v Macedonia 
(Georgi beat Belarus 1-0, Macedonia beat Kosovo 2-1)
Prediction:  Macedonia 

Fair play Macedonia ; with Ukraine and Austria not a terrible group to get. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic