You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your 10 Person Dream FAI Board to Sort Things Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your 10 Person Dream FAI Board to Sort Things Out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

A few candidates that should be interviewed imo.

Pádraig Smith (General Manager Colorado Rapids)
Susan Whelan (CEO Leicester City)
Noel Mooney (head of national associations business development uefa)
Peter Sherrard (CEO oci)

Smith and Sherrard are Ex-FAI and Mooney is a JD yes man. At the moment Needs to be someone unconnected with the outgoing regime 

Absolutely. Sure Sherrard is only a wet week CEO of the OCI. Anyone like Mooney or Sherratd could’ve and should’ve blown the whistle years ago but they didn’t and thus are complicit in the delay for this sh*t show being made public.

I’m sure the Sell outs of 88 will be electioneering for Joe McGlue
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:02pm
we’re looking for a progressive and intelligent suit, not an investor.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:10pm
Dinny o Brien will be the driving force for who gets what 
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

A few candidates that should be interviewed imo.

Pádraig Smith (General Manager Colorado Rapids)
Susan Whelan (CEO Leicester City)
Noel Mooney (head of national associations business development uefa)
Peter Sherrard (CEO oci)

Smith and Sherrard are Ex-FAI and Mooney is a JD yes man. At the moment Needs to be someone unconnected with the outgoing regime 

Absolutely. Sure Sherrard is only a wet week CEO of the OCI. Anyone like Mooney or Sherratd could’ve and should’ve blown the whistle years ago but they didn’t and thus are complicit in the delay for this sh*t show being made public.

I’m sure the Sell outs of 88 will be electioneering for Joe McGlue

On that basis, every single FAI staff member should be sacked because they didn't whistleblow either. No problem with any of the above being interviewed, if they're deemed good enough. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:50pm
Would you not think of going on it yourself Joe?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Would you not think of going on it yourself Joe?

Perfect man for a purge anyway Wink
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

On that basis, every single FAI staff member should be sacked because they didn't whistleblow either. No problem with any of the above being interviewed, if they're deemed good enough. 

Valid point Joe. It seems Sherrard & Sarah O'Shea are doing very well in the OFI, despite their experiences of working for the FAI. I wouldn't be advocating that any of the current board who clung on so grimly to the bitter end have anything to do with a new FAI, but people who previously worked for the organisation & subsequently left should be considered, if they want to apply for a role & are deemed good enough candidates to be successful. 

I've worked in an organisation where one man, the business owner, was the dominant personality, and every single transaction or customer engagement had his input somewhere in the process. It's a difficult environment to operate in, and extremely suffocating. Your opinions as an individual might be considered sometimes, most other times they would be routinely ignored as worthless. I eventually left that organisation, but not as soon as I would have liked, mainly due to economic factors around these parts and lack of alternative job opportunities. 

It is very possible, even likely I would suggest, that former FAI staff have had similar experiences. They shouldn't be ruled out just because they were unable to change the culture of the organisation themselves, and I can say with some little authority that it simply isn't possible to do as a single individual, all you can really do in those circumstances is up sticks. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Wanted to share this interview here.  For those who aren't aware, I am probably the world's expert on football in the Caribbean (and I don't say that to brag, it is, as my uncle might say, like being the world's tallest midget).  Denis O'Brien's telecommunications company Digicel did more for Caribbean football between 2006-2010 than any corporate sponsor in history, and Kieran Foley was the driving force behind it.  He was kind enough to speak with me for an hour earlier in the year, and I got a glimpse in to what drove the success of this partnership from the boardroom down to even tracking stats and writing match reports for their website.  I sincerely hope the FAI would consider getting him involved along with Niall Quinn to help improve their so-called "problem child" of a league.

There is one other person who might be interesting to get involved on the commercial side of things as well, former Shamrock Rovers defender Keith Lambert is, I believe, VP of Procurement at Nike these days, so surely could be a boon to the league as well.

Edited by theworm2345 - 18 May 2019 at 4:58pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic