You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark vs Ireland 07/06/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Big whoopty they have a few better midfielders than us. The truth of it is that in all the games they played us they did the square root of f**k all against us. Denmark are nowhere near tenth in the world in real terms. The time they beat us we should have been 3 up before they even threatened. What scuopered us was our need to chase the game because we conceded. Had we not conceded that game would have been 1-1 or 2-1 either side. Yeah they have better players but no they aren’t a better team . If they were they wouldn’t be drawing with us all the time

In the three 0-0 games we camped outside our own box with everyone behind the ball. In all 5 games they’ve had significantly more shots and possession. Sure they easily could have won the last game 2 or 3-0 if they had taken their chances also. In the 4 games we got draws against them we were the more defensive side. In the 5-1 game we played a 4-4-2 diamond and gave them ridiculous amounts of space and were punished. The post I originally replied said we shouldn’t be afraid to go out and have a go. Well we have a problem with scoring goals so giving Denmark lots of space may not be the wisest thing to do. Let’s be honest our most likeliest root to victory against the Danes and Swiss is a brilliant defensive performance where we win 1-0. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 1:42am
The level of absolute delusion on here is something to behold LOL Denmark are no better than us LOL The same Danish side who annihilated us in our biggest game in years. At Lansdowne Road, just to rub salt in the wound. A side that has plenty of top quality players. A side that made the last 16 of the WC only 12 months ago, only going out on penalties to finalists Croatia (does anyone think we would have been capable of doing that at last years WC?)

I'm all for being positive about the Irish side and believing on our day we can rattle the best of them. There is little to nothing to be optimistic about over the past 18 months though and little will change in the next year or so. That's just the sad state we are in now. Being absolutely deluded and pretending we are at a level we quite clearly are nowhere near, well I just don't know what to do with that.

Btw, for the few lads saying that Eriksen isn't a really top level player LOL jaysus LOL there isn't a team on the planet who wouldn't want Eriksen imo

Edited by Hans Moleman - 18 Jun 2019 at 1:43am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:06am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Ireland and Denmark have won 1 game each since 1992. The rest were all draws. They're no better than us. They're not Germany, Italy, France, or Spain. They're not even top seeds in this group. They're not scared of facing us and don't set out looking to nick a point from a set piece, we shouldn't be terrified of playing against them, home or away. 
Can we play our 1992 team against them?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The level of absolute delusion on here is something to behold LOL Denmark are no better than us LOL The same Danish side who annihilated us in our biggest game in years. At Lansdowne Road, just to rub salt in the wound. A side that has plenty of top quality players. A side that made the last 16 of the WC only 12 months ago, only going out on penalties to finalists Croatia (does anyone think we would have been capable of doing that at last years WC?)

I'm all for being positive about the Irish side and believing on our day we can rattle the best of them. There is little to nothing to be optimistic about over the past 18 months though and little will change in the next year or so. That's just the sad state we are in now. Being absolutely deluded and pretending we are at a level we quite clearly are nowhere near, well I just don't know what to do with that.

Btw, for the few lads saying that Eriksen isn't a really top level player LOL jaysus LOL there isn't a team on the planet who wouldn't want Eriksen imo
The same stuff has been spouted for a few years now Hans, you should be used to it! The same lads usually give out about the delusions of England fans too!
The one thing in our favour is that I am starting to realise their manager is out of his depth.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Big whoopty they have a few better midfielders than us. The truth of it is that in all the games they played us they did the square root of f**k all against us. Denmark are nowhere near tenth in the world in real terms. The time they beat us we should have been 3 up before they even threatened. What scuopered us was our need to chase the game because we conceded. Had we not conceded that game would have been 1-1 or 2-1 either side. Yeah they have better players but no they aren’t a better team . If they were they wouldn’t be drawing with us all the time

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The same stuff has been spouted for a few years now Hans, you should be used to it! The same lads usually give out about the delusions of England fans too!
The one thing in our favour is that I am starting to realise their manager is out of his depth.

Clap to both of ye! 
some absolute numpties on this thread. the Danes and Swiss will come to Dublin and take 3 points off us ffs. 
we won't qualify it's as simple as that! any team that has Jeff Hendrick and Glen Whelan in the starting 11 doesn't deserve to qualify. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
5 games, 4 draws. But yeah, clearly ourselves and Denmark are worlds apart. The delusion certainly is real....
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:08am
Ajax have one win and two losses in four games against Heracles. The gap is massive.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ajax have one win and two losses in four games against Heracles. The gap is massive.

LOL
Irish Brisbane View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Brisbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 4:55pm
Ireland shouldnt flatter themselves because they have held Denmark to draws. And its even more ridicolous to claim that the two nations are likewise because of that.  It is a known problem in Denmark that Denmark have problems against nations that are defending low. All nations except the top nations and a few minor technical nations always pack themselves when they meet Denmark. Its been like this for years and not something that is just an Irish thing, or achievement if you like. Denmark simply dosent like it. Despite of that they always produces enough chances to score. The problem is that they dont have a top class striker like they always had in the past. That was also the problem at the WC. Have they had one, they would have eliminated Croatia and who knows Russia in the quarterfinal aswell. They certainly had enough chances against Croatia to do that. 

Edited by Irish Brisbane - 22 Jun 2019 at 10:42am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:53am
No they didn't. Take out those first 5 minutes in that game, and it was one of the worst games in the tournament, even the pundits were bored rigid. It was only ever going to end on penalties, and it did. However, that borefest was a thriller compared to the Denmark-France 90 minute walkabout in the game beforehand. Peru had enough chances to beat them in the first game, but couldn't hit the target, even from the spot, and got hit on the counter instead. 

Nobody likes to play against busparkers. They make for horrible games to play and watch. But if Denmark are the world beaters you say they are, they should be well able to deal with it, not just beat us in Dublin once every 30 years, when our coach loses his marbles. 

They're not a great side, they never will be. We shouldn't be afraid of them, but unfortunately we are. The team and the management are terrified that if we don't park the bus, another hammering will be on the cards. It just about worked in Copenhagen, but if we want to win this group, we're going to have to do a bit more than scrape past Georgia and Gibraltar, then park the bus.

Edited by planning - 23 Jun 2019 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
  Share Topic