You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brentford fan looking for match on Sat 9th Feb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeesFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brentford fan looking for match on Sat 9th Feb
    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:06am
Hi, I'm coming over on Friday to see Brentford B against Shamrock Rovers in a pre-season friendly and looking forward to my first trip to Dublin. Are there any matches being played on the Saturday that would be worth taking in close to Dublin. Thanking you in advance.
Sponsored Links

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:10pm
Send me your e mail and I will send on the list of pre season friendlies bring played on Saturday. Italy V Ireland rugby is on Saturday around 1 and there's a nurses strike march on as well so you might get LUCKY :)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by BeesFan BeesFan wrote:

Hi, I'm coming over on Friday to see Brentford B against Shamrock Rovers in a pre-season friendly and looking forward to my first trip to Dublin. Are there any matches being played on the Saturday that would be worth taking in close to Dublin. Thanking you in advance.
Hope you enjoy your visit.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm
No friendlies in Dublin that I know of.

Athlone v Finn Harps at 4pm is probably the closest.  2 hours or so by bus.  

I'm driving to Cobh v Limerick but that is about a 3 hour drive.  you are welcome to a lift from Dublin straight back afterwards.  You could stay down and take in Cork City v Dundalk our Presidents Cup Final at 5.30pm.  pm me if interested.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:29am
Bohemians V Cabinteely Friendly is on at 11 venue to be confirmed. I will be going as my lad playing so if you need a lift let me know.

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 06 Feb 2019 at 4:30am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:11am
we are such a friendly bunch. An absolute stranger with 1 post on here,and 2 lads already offering to drive him around,1 halfway round the country LOLClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 7:12am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

we are such a friendly bunch. An absolute stranger with 1 post on here,and 2 lads already offering to drive him around,1 halfway round the country LOLClap
That's Ybig for you Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
I will drive him about 5 miles and meter will be on 🇮🇪☺🇮🇪
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

No friendlies in Dublin that I know of.

Athlone v Finn Harps at 4pm is probably the closest.  2 hours or so by bus.  

I'm driving to Cobh v Limerick but that is about a 3 hour drive.  you are welcome to a lift from Dublin straight back afterwards.  You could stay down and take in Cork City v Dundalk our Presidents Cup Final at 5.30pm.  pm me if interested.
Lovely touch. Not just offering him a lift, but doing the decent thing and getting him out of Dublin.

St. Colman's is one of the best places I have watched football. There is something about the place.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:45pm
Surely someone could point the lad in the direction of a Leinster Senior League game..  I doubt further travel is what he was getting at when he asked about a match LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:40pm
Ballymun Utd playing Aisling Annacotty in the FAI Junior Cup on Saturday @ 2pm.

It'll be a competitve game so might be better than taking in a pre season friendly.

I'm planning to head along. There are buses that will take you out to the game in about 20 minutes from the city centre. The no. 140 bus probably best or the No.4 or 13 will go close by.

BohsCian View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsCian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:54pm
Do you know the location of the Bohs Cabo friendlu yet? Cheers

Edited by BohsCian - 08 Feb 2019 at 10:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic