You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro tickets Email?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro tickets Email?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:20pm
Anyone know whats this about?I assume if We qualify, well get another bite of the cherry for Irish fans?

Dear Supporter,

Following Dublin’s hosting of the UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifying Draw last Month we can now look forward with anticipation to the Qualifiers kicking off in March.

As you may already know Dublin will host four games as part of a pan-European 60th anniversary UEFA EURO. Three group games and one Round of 16 game will be played at Aviva Stadium.

You can now register your interest for UEFA EURO 2020 tickets on the official portal, please find link below or click on the click through below:

https://euro2020.tickets.uefa.com/account/login

Best wishes, 

FAI Ticket Office

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm
Not exactly a clear email so will confuse a lot of people.
All things being equal, this should refer to the public sale of tickets and not any FAI allocation should we qualify.

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:44pm
Assuming it's about the public sales and they've just set up the website for the ticketing portal. It allows you to choose what team you'd prefer to see and what cities you'd like to go to for matches, that's about the extent of it..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:03pm
Wait and see what happens when the portal proper opens.

I imagine it'll be possible to apply for tickets for the Dublin games anyway, which I certainly intend to do. One would imagine the match schedule will be set so we know exactly which one of the three match days we might face having to go to Spain.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:29pm
This is the general public sale and the link is also available to the general public.

I would expect ticket sales as follows

1) UEFA.com general public sale you can apply for any game as a neutral.  This will probably happen next summer.  This will also probably include a Follow My Team conditional ticket.  Otherwise you can apply for individual matches in Baku, Bucharest or Dublin etc etc.

2) In parallel the FAI will have an allocation as a host for the games in Dublin.  These will be offered to whoever the FAI decide but best guess is ST holders and the Football Family.  You may be restricted to only applying for the Dublin games in this one or the public sale.  

3) IF we qualify the FAI will get a further allocation as a competing country for the 2/3 games in Dublin involving us and the 0/1 game in Bilbao.  There will also be conditional Rof16, QF etc tickets.

The problem for those who only want to see us play is that many of the tickets will be sold before qualification is completed.  
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Wait and see what happens when the portal proper opens.

I imagine it'll be possible to apply for tickets for the Dublin games anyway, which I certainly intend to do. One would imagine the match schedule will be set so we know exactly which one of the three match days we might face having to go to Spain.

The match schedule and draw info is here

If we both qualify directly best guess for the Spain game is Friday 19th in Dublin or Saturday 20th in Bilbao.  However we could meet on matchday 1 or 3.

If we end up in the playoffs the playoff winner goes to Bilbao for one game.  

Best bet if only interested in us is FMT next summer in the general sale.  

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm

I registered for this bloody thing 6-9 months ago. Got my hopes up briefly that it was the portal opening for Follow My Team tickets.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm
Did they actually do Follow my Team tickets in Euro 2016 ??? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember hearing any mention of them. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Did they actually do Follow my Team tickets in Euro 2016 ??? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember hearing any mention of them. 
yup
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:46pm

Yea im pretty sure they had them at the last Euro's . Was given a Ireland Quarter Final ticket for the last 16th game !!! 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:52pm
i updated my account anyway , 
if we qualify the home games will be epic ,
Bilbao will be a great trip too. 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Yea im pretty sure they had them at the last Euro's . Was given a Ireland Quarter Final ticket for the last 16th game !!! 

I've vouchers for Ireland tickets all the way to the final but that was from the FAI allocation.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:14pm
In euro 2016, they absolutely did follow my team tickets. You paid up front for x matches, and if Ireland didn't qualify, you got your money back. Basically everyone in Lyon was there on follow my team tickets.

In the world cup, those tickets work differently. If you get a follow my team ticket right up to the final, then you are guaranteed a final ticket, regardless. If Ireland get knocked out, you follow the winners, and so forth. If they get knocked out in the group stage, you follow the group winner, and so forth. There were no refunds then.

In terms of follow my team tickets, I don't recall those being on sale for euro 2016 until after the qualifiers had finished. If I recall correctly, the only tickets on sale before the finals draw were for random matches - that is, you could select "Toulouse: C1 v C2" without any idea who would be playing, but you couldn't select follow my team tickets. Obviously you could apply for knockout matches too but they were all individual game tickets.

I'm not so sure there will be follow my team tickets on sale before the conclusion of the qualifiers. It is quite possible that there will be follow my team tickets on sale after the qualifiers proper but before the playoffs, with refunds for those who do not ultimately qualify, but I wouldn't be so sure they'll have them before the qualifiers end in November. UEFA don't tend to sell the tickets that far in advance. FIFA have done so for quite some time (I had follow my team tickets right up to the semi finals in 2006, had Ireland qualified) but UEFA have tended to wait before marketing follow my team tickets, to the best of my recollection.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In euro 2016, they absolutely did follow my team tickets. You paid up front for x matches, and if Ireland didn't qualify, you got your money back. Basically everyone in Lyon was there on follow my team tickets.

In the world cup, those tickets work differently. If you get a follow my team ticket right up to the final, then you are guaranteed a final ticket, regardless. If Ireland get knocked out, you follow the winners, and so forth. If they get knocked out in the group stage, you follow the group winner, and so forth. There were no refunds then.

In terms of follow my team tickets, I don't recall those being on sale for euro 2016 until after the qualifiers had finished. If I recall correctly, the only tickets on sale before the finals draw were for random matches - that is, you could select "Toulouse: C1 v C2" without any idea who would be playing, but you couldn't select follow my team tickets. Obviously you could apply for knockout matches too but they were all individual game tickets.

I'm not so sure there will be follow my team tickets on sale before the conclusion of the qualifiers. It is quite possible that there will be follow my team tickets on sale after the qualifiers proper but before the playoffs, with refunds for those who do not ultimately qualify, but I wouldn't be so sure they'll have them before the qualifiers end in November. UEFA don't tend to sell the tickets that far in advance. FIFA have done so for quite some time (I had follow my team tickets right up to the semi finals in 2006, had Ireland qualified) but UEFA have tended to wait before marketing follow my team tickets, to the best of my recollection.

Spot on with this. The only thing available at first was the random ticket of which there wasn’t a whole lot. For France I applied for single game Ireland tickets for the 3 group games and the last 16 which I got. So you has both the option of getting conditional tickets on there own or them as part of the Follow My Team ticket.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic