Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

January window 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

DM will be wearing your Yellow Tie all day today as you diligently copy information from Sky and post here for those poor souls that have no access to 'Breaking News' ?

I doubt I'll get access to SSN in hospital!
One of the truly great things about the NHS, unfortunately, it is the main reason for the waiting lists.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:30am
BREAKING:

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:48am
Crouch going to Burnley is odd one
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Tell me about it Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

BREAKING:

BermoLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I'm surprised Burnley let Vokes go?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I'm surprised Burnley let Vokes go?

That is what surprised me, I rate Vokes, he's a handful of a striker who is only 28/29, put it this way would I be disappointed if Newcastle had bought him simple NO
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:28am

When he came to Stoke he hugely raised the profile and was a catalyst in better players coming to the club after him. He's probably still got some goals in him, coming off the bench.

Stoke released this video of his highlights at the club. Lots of neat finishes and not all headers, including his wonder goal against Man City.

That said, capturing Vokes is a great deal for stoke.

Edited by Stoked Up - 01 Feb 2019 at 11:29am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

When he came to Stoke he hugely raised the profile and was a catalyst in better players coming to the club after him. He's probably still got some goals in him, coming off the bench.

Stoke released this video of his highlights at the club. Lots of neat finishes and not all headers, including his wonder goal against Man City.

And this is the rationale I'd imagine. He's a good option off the bench - definitely a better one than Vokes. Vokes was more or less their third choice striker.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

And this is the rationale I'd imagine. He's a good option off the bench - definitely a better one than Vokes. Vokes was more or less their third choice striker.

I'm not in a sense knocking Crouch, he'll do a job and will be happy to sit on the bench something which I'd imagine Vokes was unhappy to do
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:53am

I'm not in a sense knocking Crouch, he'll do a job and will be happy to sit on the bench something which I'd imagine Vokes was unhappy to do

I think in a way it's a deal that works for both clubs really.

It's also a sign of what an utterly sh*te transfer window it was that we're even discussing Crouch moving to Burnley. LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I think in a way it's a deal that works for both clubs really.

It's also a sign of what an utterly sh*te transfer window it was that we're even discussing Crouch moving to Burnley. LOL
How can a whole transfer window be 'sh*te'? I can understand it for individual clubs, but as a whole? Do people really get excited about players moving from one club they don't support to another club they don't support?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How can a whole transfer window be 'sh*te'? I can understand it for individual clubs, but as a whole? Do people really get excited about players moving from one club they don't support to another club they don't support?

To be fair the last couple of January transfer windows haven't featured a whole lot of activity. There was a few years where there was a flurry of moves that really impacted how the season progressed (2011 for example) but more recently clubs have tended to hold off until the summer.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 4:03pm
How is the guy sessegnon doing for Fulham?
Spurs and a few others were heavily linked with him over the summer.

Bullet dodged?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic