You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many aways will you get to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Poll Question: How many away games will you make it to?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [28.57%]
16 [17.58%]
29 [31.87%]
20 [21.98%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

do ye think Switzerland away will be oversubscribed? Give or take we get 2,000 tickets and I know a lot of people are sick of the sight of Denmark and Georgia for away trips but Switzerland is an expensive country and it's on a Tuesday. Austria was oversubscribed in the last qualifying but it was a Saturday and it's reasonable enough for a pint but cant see a lot of the jolly boys outings been enticed by Basel.

I think the same, it's 2 days off work at least, flights aren't a bad price but accommodation prices are through the roof in every city, never been but I've been told to expect to pay more than denmark for a pint. 
Had a look trough some of the bars websites in Basel and the cheapest pint or bottle is about €7.50! some of the bars in Aarhaus were doing pints for under €3 and bottles in Copenhagen were about €3.50 but none of that in chocolate land.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm

do ye think Switzerland away will be oversubscribed? Give or take we get 2,000 tickets and I know a lot of people are sick of the sight of Denmark and Georgia for away trips but Switzerland is an expensive country and it's on a Tuesday. Austria was oversubscribed in the last qualifying but it was a Saturday and it's reasonable enough for a pint but cant see a lot of the jolly boys outings been enticed by Basel.

I think the same, it's 2 days off work at least, flights aren't a bad price but accommodation prices are through the roof in every city, never been but I've been told to expect to pay more than denmark for a pint. 
Had a look trough some of the bars websites in Basel and the cheapest pint or bottle is about €7.50! some of the bars in Aarhaus were doing pints for under €3 and bottles in Copenhagen were about €3.50 but none of that in chocolate land.
At least Georgia will be cheaper anyway LOL
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:10am

Is the game confirmed for Basel?
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Is the game confirmed for Basel?
No, just guessing. It's their biggest stadium but could be in bern or Geneva.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Have all but Gibraltar booked now, Tbilisi been great last two times, Switzerland is a new country for me. Denmark is Denmark, just going for the football for once. 

What is yor route for Georgia? Still trying to figure it out

Taking the long route, going to Baku the weekend before, staying there til Weds and getting an overnight train. Third time there, didn't want to travel so far and not see anywhere else.

I was considering this. I take it you are going Ryanair to Kiev, Ukraine International to Baku?

I ended up just going to Kutaisi via Luton.

Nope, Turkish airlines, was able to book Dublin-Ist-Baku and Tbilisi-Ist-Dublin on one ticket which was handy, they're a great airline to fly with, looking forward to it.

How much was the return if you don't mind me asking?

€355, was about €330 just after the draw but started to go up
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:06am
All four for myself, I think.

Much as I like Tbilisi, I'm a bit bored of it at this stage. Will probably take a few days in Moscow beforehand and head down from there. More flight options going back too.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic