You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Europa League 2'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Europa League 2'
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:49am
Can't quite get my head around thia one...will it be easier or harder fot LOI to qualify for this?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:19am
Easier I think 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
I believe Europa league going from 48 to 32 teams.

Europa league 2 will have 32 teams so overall an extra 16 teams in Europe.

Games on the Thursday so not sure where the TV money will come from as the Europa league will be on same time.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:57am
It really is f**king disgusting.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I believe Europa league going from 48 to 32 teams.

Europa league 2 will have 32 teams so overall an extra 16 teams in Europe.

Games on the Thursday so not sure where the TV money will come from as the Europa league will be on same time.

They're talking about afternoon kickoffs around 4pm. Attendances will be abysmal. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:07am
All small and medium nations should boycott all UEFA competitions, not that there is even the remotest hope of any of them doing it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:11pm
There's not many details about this yet is there? My guess is that there'll be a few routes to qualify for the group stage, one of which will be for minor leagues. So hopefully LOI teams will qualify that route. Kinda like the Nations League having weak teams play each other to qualify. Or Champions League having a "Champions Route" and "League Route"
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
My issue with this is the parachuting of clubs from the Europa Leage. It would be much better IMO if the top 15 leagues were excluded from this altogether 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

My issue with this is the parachuting of clubs from the Europa Leage. It would be much better IMO if the top 15 leagues were excluded from this altogether 
Or better still, they could handpicked the teams they want in each competition. I would imagine basing it on turnover would be the fairest way.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

All small and medium nations should boycott all UEFA competitions, not that there is even the remotest hope of any of them doing it.

UEFA said they have set this up at the behest of the clubs and leagues giving them feedback
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

UEFA said they have set this up at the behest of the clubs and leagues giving them feedback

Given the type of dopes who run these associations, we are far from alone, then that is probably correct.

The whole system is rank rotten from the bottom up.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 10:40pm
Rumours of half three kick offs. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic