You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark v THE EIRE Pain Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:17am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

just looking at another thread asking are we now as bad as San Marino and the Faroes. We’re not at that stage yet by we will be if O’Neill stays on. One thing I will say is the likes of San Marino give 100% in every game and whether they’re beaten 1-0 or 8-0 they go down fighting. The same can’t be said for us under O’Neill. There was a semblance of fight and unity in the squad until the Denmark game at home last year. That was the night it all fell apart and no player has looked any bit confident in an Irish shirt since. In my lifetime we’ve gone in to big games with a degree of optimism no matter who the opposition were. That has evaporated now and I genuinely can’t see when it’s going to return. We haven’t got a World Class player and probably won’t for a long long time but let’s not forget that the squad is made up of professional players. If a fella on €180,000 per MONTH can’t organize a team of professional footballers to pass a f**king ball or get them to follow a plan in a game then I really do give up.

I thought Staunton’s reign was as bad as it could get but this situation we’re in now is infinitely worse. When Staunton was there we had reason to be hopeful for the next man in. Keane, Duff, Given, O’Shea and Dunne were all in their prime and were all playing with top clubs week in week out. We knew that all we needed was a proper manager to come in and things would pick up. O’Neill hasn’t got that luxury and instead he has to work with a squad that needs to work together as a collective. He isn’t doing that and it’s going from bad to worse. The squad at the moment aren’t getting what they need for the manager and although they’re professionals and need to take some responsibility and fight on the pitch - they’re getting absolutely none off of itI hope Rice goes and declares for England. He could turn out to be a brilliant player and he’d be wasted in the Ireland team. If he was a striker I’d be saying different but he’s not, he’s a centre half and he’s never going to be a match winner or a creative player that will do something to spur on the rest of the team. I’m so pissed off with all of this at the moment and O’Neill is pissing himself laughing at all of us. 

Let's be realistic here for a moment.

Saying we're as bad as San Marino is exaggerating and silly. 
However I do feel MON is overdue a severely embarrassing result against some poor team as Stan got against the Faroes.

I mentioned it in the Other Games thread but I fear the absolute worst if we get drawn with the Georgians.
They were always slightly above the seedings/rankings they are consistently given, and the fact they've gone a 4-team group only dropping 2 points is more proof of that.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:18am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

just looking at another thread asking are we now as bad as San Marino and the Faroes. We’re not at that stage yet by we will be if O’Neill stays on. One thing I will say is the likes of San Marino give 100% in every game and whether they’re beaten 1-0 or 8-0 they go down fighting. The same can’t be said for us under O’Neill. There was a semblance of fight and unity in the squad until the Denmark game at home last year. That was the night it all fell apart and no player has looked any bit confident in an Irish shirt since. In my lifetime we’ve gone in to big games with a degree of optimism no matter who the opposition were. That has evaporated now and I genuinely can’t see when it’s going to return. We haven’t got a World Class player and probably won’t for a long long time but let’s not forget that the squad is made up of professional players. If a fella on €180,000 per MONTH can’t organize a team of professional footballers to pass a f**king ball or get them to follow a plan in a game then I really do give up.

I thought Staunton’s reign was as bad as it could get but this situation we’re in now is infinitely worse. When Staunton was there we had reason to be hopeful for the next man in. Keane, Duff, Given, O’Shea and Dunne were all in their prime and were all playing with top clubs week in week out. We knew that all we needed was a proper manager to come in and things would pick up. O’Neill hasn’t got that luxury and instead he has to work with a squad that needs to work together as a collective. He isn’t doing that and it’s going from bad to worse. The squad at the moment aren’t getting what they need for the manager and although they’re professionals and need to take some responsibility and fight on the pitch - they’re getting absolutely none off of itI hope Rice goes and declares for England. He could turn out to be a brilliant player and he’d be wasted in the Ireland team. If he was a striker I’d be saying different but he’s not, he’s a centre half and he’s never going to be a match winner or a creative player that will do something to spur on the rest of the team. I’m so pissed off with all of this at the moment and O’Neill is pissing himself laughing at all of us. 

Let's be realistic here for a moment.

Saying we're as bad as San Marino is exaggerating and silly. 
However I do feel MON is overdue a severely embarrassing result against some poor team as Stan got against the Faroes.

I mentioned it in the Other Games thread but I fear the absolute worst if we get drawn with the Georgians.
They were always slightly above the seedings/rankings they are consistently given, and the fact they've gone a 4-team group only dropping 2 points is more proof of that.

It was Cyprus.

We also only beat San Marino 2-1 under him.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:19am
Brainfart moment LOL
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:39am
I can imagine it would take at least 3 years to get to the technical level of Georgia never mind the bigger nations and that’s if we got a new coach in and attempted to pass the football on the ground, they dominated us in the last two games but happen to be toothless up front & we always seemed to nick it by a goal but they seem to have improved their finishing now, if we drew them in the current state they would dominate us and easily walk away with 65%+ possession.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:06am
I’m sure that one of the problems with Nations League (from our perspective) is that we have a run of matches against similarly ranked sides. If that draw had come on the back of wins against Liechtenstein and Latvia, we would have been fine with it. 

Remember the period leading up to Euro 2012. There was ten years without a win against a superior ranked side and we were delighted with draws against the superior sides. We thought we were world beaters. 

Playing four matches against quality sides in short succession and not getting the win against minnows has been bad for morale. But get the Euro qualifiers underway, we will score against some lower ranked countries, draw against some higher and we will be happy once more, looking at the tables, planning our trip away, ordering our defaced flags from Chinese websites. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 7:29am
I am looking for positives at the moment but still can't find anything .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

4 games in the NL and one goal scored, a consolation at 4 nil down. Not a shot in anger in both of the home games and in last weeks friendly. Pathetic, yet no serious media push for a change. The Irish football media are a cowardly shower of ****z. 

Not sure what is going with the media. Unless it's just simply a case of every one of them are certain MON is going nowhere for 12 months do they don't want to p*ss him off as they'll have to deal with him so many times in future.

I watched the press conference post N Ireland game a few days ago. I didn't think anything could have me feeling lower. The media questions though Dead MON responses Dead powder puff nonsense. The press lads should be ashamed of themselves. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’m sure that one of the problems with Nations League (from our perspective) is that we have a run of matches against similarly ranked sides. If that draw had come on the back of wins against Liechtenstein and Latvia, we would have been fine with it. 

Remember the period leading up to Euro 2012. There was ten years without a win against a superior ranked side and we were delighted with draws against the superior sides. We thought we were world beaters. 

Playing four matches against quality sides in short succession and not getting the win against minnows has been bad for morale. But get the Euro qualifiers underway, we will score against some lower ranked countries, draw against some higher and we will be happy once more, looking at the tables, planning our trip away, ordering our defaced flags from Chinese websites. 

Whatever you're smoking, that is some seriously strong stuff. Wouldn't mind a hit of that myself, help numb the pain.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I think the nations league has given teams like us  Iceland norn iron and even Germany nowhere to hide..because we are playing against teams of our level.... theres no double headers like in the qualifiers away to Gibraltar and home to Latvia to give us 6 points 5 goals and a sense of happiness same with the nordies even Germany could  have Albania at home and say wales away and 6 pts...

anyway I still think MON has to go....
Come on Irelind
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I am looking for positives at the moment but still can't find anything .
Look at the battery on your phone.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:59am
Heard O'Neill on the radio this morning banging on about difficult friendlies and then saying we're making progress!!!  Making progress?  Really?  Four games on the spin with not a goal to our name, nor even a fooking threat of scoring one.  Saying we're making progress is akin to Stan's line that we showed great fighting spirit by beating San Marino in injury time.

I've never been as quiet in the last four games in terms of vocal encouragement or comments, other than "for fooks sake" every few minutes.  There has been NOTHING to get anybody excited whatsoever.

The away support last night, mother of Jaysus, how they mustered any vocal chords is testament again to their unfailing loyalty and optimism, but even they must be starting to think twice about spending their money to watch this utter shambles every poxy game.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic