You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Hope he can get a permanent transfer to a decent club in summer.

Which is what the rumours are about, yet you took a swing at those.

So in conclusion Conan, you belittle his achievements in your first post and mock the rumours they have given rise to and in your second post you hope he gets a decent transfer in the summer. 

Have a good think about what a muppet you are and take as long as you need there Conan. 
Ok I've had a good think about it as instructed but still unable to see the contradiction between hoping TP gets a decent move away from Spurs and not giving much credibility to the plausibility of the inevitable Irish Twitter account claiming special knowledge of all the big Dutch clubs wanting a piece of Parrot action, any more than I believed the exact same rumours about Byrne and Crowley which credulous Ireland fans such as yourself lapped up at the time.
You sound really on the ball and in the know though Scissors so please do educate me.
Sorry to make you cry in to your cornflakes this morning. Cry

I don't remember one article linking Byrne or Crowley to the top clubs in Holland can you please post said articles.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 3:00pm
Positional awareness, making the right runs, ability to finish etc.. are far better attributes than raw pace.

Robbie Keane was never the quickest player but always knew were to be.

Shane Long on the other hand was quick as lightening but couldn't finish his dinner most of the time.

Id love to see Parrott given the chance in a first team like Spurs where he wont be expected to do all the work he currently does in a team that doesn't have that much possession. The off the ball dropping deep into midfield to try win it back stuff, getting back to help defend a lead etc.. I think he would be a different player altogether in a team where he just has to receive the ball and make the forward runs, where he potentially gets several goal scoring opportunities in a single game.

It must be 4 or 5 years ago now but I remember him being given that chance in preseason with Spurs while still a teen and he looked as good as Ferguson leading the line.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 9:49pm
I love beer gardens
Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 11:53pm
He's fine where he is if he can get signed, Celtic is a toxic place to go it seems. All this stress for playing for a "massive" club but no real reward because it's only Scotland anyways.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

He's fine where he is if he can get signed, Celtic is a toxic place to go it seems. All this stress for playing for a "massive" club but no real reward because it's only Scotland anyways.

As opposed to playing in a relegation battle in Holland!

He could be playing CL\EL and winning trophies.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 4:22pm
His team just gets completely battered most weeks. Currently 4-0 down not even half time yet 
Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Realrover Realrover wrote:

As opposed to playing in a relegation battle in Holland!

He could be playing CL\EL and winning trophies.

He'll get swallowed up at Celtic at present. Needs time to improve at a club with less expectations. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250
  Share Topic