You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:30pm
Back in the QPR squad today. On the bench as well as Sinclair Armstrong who missed the mid week game.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:37pm
Won the prize for most 1950s footballers name
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 2:47pm
Bad error in front of the Sky cameras to gift Burnley a goal today.

He's 25 now and doesn't seem to be getting any closer to playing for Ireland. Wonder if he's one Michael O'Neill will contact again about a call up to the north - would walk straight into their squad, possibly even their starting team.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 4:04pm
Himself and especially McGuinness should seriously consider it if contacted unless one Ireland cap means more than X amount of NI caps to them.

Edited by J89 - 11 Dec 2022 at 4:04pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 4:15pm
I'd hope McGuinness doesn't for a couple of years at least as he is young and I still think he has the potential to challenge for a place in our senior squad in the next few years, albeit it's a competitive position. Dunne I think is close to his ceiling - a very decent Championship centre back but unlikely to ever get ahead of the likes of Omobamidele, Collins and O'Shea and is older than all three.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Himself and especially McGuinness should seriously consider it if contacted unless one Ireland cap means more than X amount of NI caps to them.

McGuinness will win caps if he's patient, he's a modern defender and very good on the ball.

I think Dunne will struggle to get into the Ireland squad let alone first team, he's more old fashioned (which ironically is probably exactly what Michael O'Neill is looking for).
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 4:46pm
McGuinness is unlucky coming through just at a time we have some outstanding young centre backs. Weirdly his Northern Irish Dad represented England at bowls!
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 6:21pm
Scored in QPR win at Preston today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic