Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Nolan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Doesn't seem to have ever had any success in senior football wherever he has gone. Was something of an achievement captaining Inter Milan's seconds when he did, but it probably raised expectations to an unrealistic level though it was still underage football. We might see him in the League of Ireland after his Northampton contract expires, I don't expect him to get much of a look in with them and at 23 he probably hasn't that much more development in him.

You think a 23 year old centre back doesn't have much development left in him? You do realise most centre backs don't peak until their late 20's/early 30's?
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Doesn't seem to have ever had any success in senior football wherever he has gone. Was something of an achievement captaining Inter Milan's seconds when he did, but it probably raised expectations to an unrealistic level though it was still underage football. We might see him in the League of Ireland after his Northampton contract expires, I don't expect him to get much of a look in with them and at 23 he probably hasn't that much more development in him.

You think a 23 year old centre back doesn't have much development left in him? You do realise most centre backs don't peak until their late 20's/early 30's?

Yes, if he's not making the grade in the English sixth tier at 23 I'm comfortable enough in terms of writing him off as a player who can ever make a significant contribution for us.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:11pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yes, if he's not making the grade in the English sixth tier at 23 I'm comfortable enough in terms of writing him off as a player who can ever make a significant contribution for us.
Fair comment
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:48pm
Just putting an asterisk on this discussion that injuries have massively impacted his development
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 2:48pm
Horror own goal from him vs Rangers today. Had been playing quite well before that, all undone by a terrible attempted clearance.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic