You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional Virgin media point in house?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I was on an IPTV last year, switched over to the Firestick version this year, very slick.

what app / yoke you use as will be smart tv so no need for firestick?
I have smart TV and used Smart IPTV app on that. The interface was clunky tho, tough to browse through cahnnels and scheduels etc so for the same of a €50 firestick it makes it all a lot more smooth.

THe same sub worked for both - provided by @newshowhost
Im confused by what the firestick does different though shedite, is it no the same app or it just works better on the firestick? 

whats the proper web link to pay @newshowhost as that just a twitter handle?

ta Clap
That's the twitter handle of the guy who runs it, Dm him and you pay via paypal.I'm on my second year now (think Sono sent me his details).

No the firestick is a different app to SmartIPTV. The subscription you buy is a list of channels basicall (about 1400), then you need an app to play them. The SmartIPTV app is fine, works grand when you know you're just going to Sky Sport Football to watch a game. The firestick app has a proper Sky interface so you can scroll through a planner, see what's up next etc. 

Both give you the same channels and quality, the €50 firestick is just a luxury to make it a bit more user friendly.

thanks. whats link to firestick shedite or is it just buy a normal one and install the app? Thumbs Up
Yeah just the regular one. bout €50 for the app, then you pay that lad €70 for the subsription for the year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stick-Alexa-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B01ETRIFOW
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:08pm
Anybody else got an additional horizon box in their gaff? Just received a letter to say that as of 15th August they will no longer be able to support HD on the additional box. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Anybody else got an additional horizon box in their gaff? Just received a letter to say that as of 15th August they will no longer be able to support HD on the additional box. 

Yeah, w**kers sent me the same.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah, w**kers sent me the same.

Not even a reason as to why. Chancers.

Did you bother picking up the phone yet to haggle a few quid Davey? 
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:28pm
Not yet. I'm out of contract in a couple of weeks, so I've to make the call soon in any event.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:53pm
yet again I sit here reading about these ****s with the smug contentment of someone who ceased to put up with their crap years ago. Cool
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 6:11pm
UKTV Gold is back Ermm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic