You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 18/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636465
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Entered competition ages ago on Zavvi for VIP trip for 2 people to final, actually forgot all about it till this morning when email dropped telling me I was the winner. Happy days, I thought, then read the small print. Says must be resident of UK (excluding the occupied six). WTF! I have Belfast address, and they're happy to accept plenty of orders from me. Still waiting to hear back, but not very hopeful. Swear to feck, if I fell into a bucket of tits I'd come out sucking my own thumb Dead

It might be that they will only fly you from a GB airport. If you have to get a flight to Gatwick or Glasgow or wherever, it's the least of your worries.

Edit: I would never advise anyone to commit any sort of fraud, of course.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 May 2019 at 5:02pm
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:03pm
Oh, also, they told everybody on the mailing list that they were winners:

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I can't believe a Spurs fan disagrees with me
Well, that attempt at "playing the ball" didn't last very long, did it? Wink

Anyhow, the stats from last night:

Goals: Ajax 2 vs Spurs 3
Total Goal Attempts: 16 vs 23
Attempts on target: 4 vs 7
Attempts blocked: 7 vs 7
Hit the Woodwork: 1 vs 2
Corners: 6 vs 9
Offsides: 2 vs 1

Possession: 43% vs 57%
Passing Accuracy: 79% vs 84%
Passes: 390 vs 566
Passes completed: 309 vs 478
Distance covered: 117.9 kms vs 114.9 kms

Tackles: 4 vs 0
Blocks: 7 vs 7
Clearances: 24 vs 12

Yellow Cards: 3 vs 2
Fouls committed: 13 vs 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the stats from the 1st leg:

Goals: Spurs 0 vs Ajax 1
Total Goal Attempts: 12 vs 10
Attempts on target: 1 vs 2
Attempts blocked: 4 vs 5
Hit the Woodwork: 0 vs 1
Corners: 3 vs 3
Offsides: 0 vs 5

Possession: 49% vs 51%
Passing Accuracy: 74% vs 78%
Passes: 476 vs 468
Passes completed: 352 vs 364
Distance covered: 113.7 kms vs 115.3 kms

Tackles: 1 vs 2
Blocks: 5 vs 4
Clearances: 22 vs 18

Yellow Cards: 0 vs 2
Fouls committed: 14 vs 14

Of course, mere stats don't necessarily prove anything.

But those stats certainly don't support your assertion that Ajax were the better team "by far" over the two legs. LOL

Edited by Territorial - 09 May 2019 at 5:06pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:05pm

Entered competition ages ago on Zavvi for VIP trip for 2 people to final, actually forgot all about it till this morning when email dropped telling me I was the winner. Happy days, I thought, then read the small print. Says must be resident of UK (excluding the occupied six). WTF! I have Belfast address, and they're happy to accept plenty of orders from me. Still waiting to hear back, but not very hopeful. Swear to feck, if I fell into a bucket of tits I'd come out sucking my own thumb Dead

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:30am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Oh, also, they told everybody on the mailing list that they were winners:

Haha, what a shower of twats! They sent an email apologising, replied telling them to get fecked, would never get another order from me (Amazon is cheaper anyway, generally), and I'd sue for harassment if I got one single more email from them. Feeling less annoyed now Smile
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Hoskins: I believe you are an Arsenal fan; with the week of comebacks that's been in it, you'd definitely want to avoid any hubris whatsoever until later this evening.

Nope. I was a Liverpool fan till my early 20s, I'd class my self a well wisher these days. I hope they beat Spurs but if they were playing Ajax I would enjoy Ajax winning it, just for them been the underdogs with young players, smaller budget and lovely football. 

I'd normally have no issue with Spurs winning it either, good to see clubs win things for the first time and not the same old same old. But I don't know what it is about Spurs at the minute that annoy me 

On Arsenal I should be a fan, as my dad went to their home games for a good few years, and my other two brothers follow them, one living quite close to the stadium now. But the bigger boys and the winning of things meant I supported Liverpool, so I was a little bandwagoning sh*t at 8LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:36pm

haha I feel your pain. 

I ran a Facebook competition for Continental Tyres through the YBIG page, prizes was win a trip to the opening game of the Euro 2016 in Paris two nights accommodation and spending money.

I fugging won it LOL had to tell them who I was and pass it on Dead
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:43pm
1st June - Sat evening 

A few wedding plans will have to be changed!

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

1st June - Sat evening 

A few wedding plans will have to be changed!

I'm at a wedding that day, groom is an Arsenal fan from North London. Half his mates will be spurs fans
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 636465
  Share Topic