You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Ireland - 6 Sept 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

How many are we bringing?
700 tickets applied for apparently
Fair play our away numbers are improving again. Only brought around a hundred last away friendly there. Also likedl more there last night than the away friendly there around 2013
Yeah looked to me probably about 1.5k last night 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:10pm
Interesting to compare how NI have started against Bosnia to how we started against Wales. Bosnia trying to play out from the back so NI are pushing right up on them, forcing Bosnia into mistakes and lashing the ball away.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
The North are light years ahead of us. The play with a gameplan and purpose and are all over the Bosnians.

Utterly depressing
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
Was nearly no boos for the team or management on Thursday night in Cardiff from what I seen just the usual send off. Callum O'Dowda came the furthest from what I could see and he was visibly embarrassed I wonder how much other nations would react the same as we did. 

Edited by irelandfan - 08 Sep 2018 at 2:28pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

The North are light years ahead of us. The play with a gameplan and purpose and are all over the Bosnians.

Utterly depressing

It is not as if they have better players but Michael O'Neill gets the best out of them.
The only way is up
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Utterly depressing

It is not as if they have better players but Michael O'Neill gets the best out of them.
Davis, Evans would walk into our team and if even though I hate the Guy lafferty is a better striker at the minute than anything we have. 

Edited by irelandfan - 08 Sep 2018 at 2:35pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:36pm
They're actually playing really nice football as well, showing what can be achieved with (an even more) limited group of players.
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

They're actually playing really nice football as well, showing what can be achieved with (an even more) limited group of players.

They play good football consistently. They played really well in the second play off match away to Switzerland, created a load of chances and could easily have qualified for the World Cup.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

They play good football consistently.

No they don't. They can be as negative and ugly as anyone else, when they want to be. They were even worse than us in the Euros, park the bus every  game, and the one game they won was against the worst team in the competition.

They've now lost their last 3 competitive home games and won once in eight games. Looks like they need a change as well, their coach wanted to go to try his luck at Scotland after all.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

They play good football consistently.

No they don't. They can be as negative and ugly as anyone else, when they want to be. They were even worse than us in the Euros, park the bus every  game, and the one game they won was against the worst team in the competition.

They've now lost their last 3 competitive home games and won once in eight games. Looks like they need a change as well, their coach wanted to go to try his luck at Scotland after all.

Keith Andrews and Kevin Kilbane on Virgin reckon they played far better today than any match in the last year or so. 67% possession and 15 goal attempts....the only downside was the two defensive errors.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:26am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

Why would you mention Rovers being hammered by Celtic Ina friendly rather than the fact Rovers beat AIK away from home in 90 mins? Particularly when rovers first team had played a game 12 hours before the Celtic game

Because Rovers were hammered by Celtic and didn't beat Stockholm after all. 

Rovers played Celtic the day when England played Sweden at the World Cup. The scoreline in Tallaght was highlighted on SSN all night long and the next morning, and posted it on their website for the whole country and the whole world to see. Those who did see it don't care that Rovers had a game the night before, nor about what players Rovers fielded to face a Celtic side in pre-season. They just saw the scoreline and made up.t heir  mind about Rovers and/or the league itself on the back of it.

Rovers lost to AIK and went out at the first European hurdle. So "beat AIK in 90 minutes" means absolutely nothing. The result, like the other European results, strengthens why the public see the LOI as they do. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
  Share Topic