Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group G BEL/PAN/TUN/ENG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Anyone who has referred to this match as England vs Columbia, please punch yourself in the face immediately. 

Agreed. Anybody who can't spell Colombia, at this stage at least, deserves a swift kick in the bollocks.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 12:59pm
and the hype train has started.

I'll agree it's an easier route then Belgium but the way the English media are going on you'd think they were already in the Semis.

I honestly think they will give Colombia a game but they'll bow out
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 2:06pm
Colombia haven't looked like any great shakes so far. I expect the match with England to be closely fought with England prevailing. They should be good enough to get past either of Switzerland or Sweden but I can't see them progressing past Croatia (who I expect to do Spain in the quarters).

Belgium are fooked. Brazil are getting into gear. They'll dispatch Mexico by a goal or two and then they'll send Belgium home (big mistake winning last night).

Brazil v Croatia final with Brazil lifting the trophy.  

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
Why are people thinking  Brazil are unbeatable? 

In their last 6 tournaments (3WC and 3 Copa’s) they’ve only reached one 1/2 final and they probably wished they hadn’t.

Belgium can match Brazil man for man.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Dier as England's captain says all that needs saying about Southgate.

They have Kane to bail them out and nothing else.

Belgium have a serious panel looking how comfortably they won tonight.

Loftus Cheek, Trent Darby, Dier, Maguire, Jones, are rotten. 

Columbia turn up and it'll be coming home alright. The plane and the squad.

England started the game without 6 or 7 first choice players that played both games against Panama and against Tunisia and you're using Dier being stand in skipper as a reference to slate Southgate Embarrassed

Some logic there......

The way some people are going on about Colombia you would swear they're a reincarnation of the Brazil 1970 team. They are a good side no denying it, but England are too believe it or not.

Yet we've got posters on here who will talk up players and teams they know f**k all about and dismiss the very ones playing for clubs like Man City, Liverpool, Spurs etc LOL

Anyone who thinks all Colombia have to do is show up against England and they'll win is out of their solid mind.

Southgate should be slated for handing Dier the armband, particularly given the abject performance he showed with it on.  He was absolutely stinking on the night.  He's massively overrated and shouldn't ben in the squad never mind the captain.   Dier was off the pace, gave the ball away and "led" the team with about as much authority and pride as a newborn lamb.

By "showing up", I mean if they display the performances they've given after losing the opening game.

Their 6-7 "first choice players" left out, ok let's look at them shall we?

1. Trippier, decent but inexperienced.
2. Maguire, shaky (to put it mildly) against the "might" of Tunisia.  Decent at set pieces but Colombia aren't Panama or Tunisia.
3. Young, not international class as Rose showed last night, shouldn't be an international left back or even United's left back.  sh*te.
4. Walker, good right back in a four, not in a three centre half set up, will be exposed sooner or later
5. Henderson, decent outing first game, again Tunisia being the oppo can't be disregarded.   Honest pro, but terribly limited and relies on running power and athleticism.  A Gerrard, Lampard or Scholes he ain't.
6. Lingaard, one of the goals of the tournament but missed three v Tunisia.  Won't get those chances against Colombia
7. Kane. The one real quality, make-a-difference player.  He'll need the other 10 to play out of their skin against Colombia.  He won't get a tap in/free header/two penos against Colombia either.

England are not a good side.  They are honest (as they always are) but have no strength in depth and are more vulnerable at the back than any England team I've seen in years.

They'll have to up their game 5-10 fold against Colombia.  I can't see them doing so, no evidence they can given the walkover they had against Panama and the meal they made of beating Tunisia.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

In their last 6 tournaments (3WC and 3 Copa’s) they’ve only reached one 1/2 final and they probably wished they hadn’t.

You're forgetting Belgium's massive weakness there! I'll give you a clue, he is short and Spanish...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

You're forgetting Belgium's massive weakness there! I'll give you a clue, he is short and Spanish...

I still can't believe he got that job. Surely Belgium  could've gotten someone far far better.  

Edited by irishmufc - 29 Jun 2018 at 4:13pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
  Share Topic