Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2018 Group B- POR/ESP/MOR/IRAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 9:33pm
wrong decisions are still being made
But not as many as would be being made with no VAR
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Pique went in 2 footed and the ref refused to look back at the VAR.
He also handballed at 1 point - It would of been ruled accidental admittingly but it should of been atleast looked at.

But soon as Spain get a moment in their favour the ref's straight onto VAR and the goal is given.

I'd be absolutely raging if I was Moroccan. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

VAR has been good
More correct decisions than wrong ones being made now 

Yep. I'm very much in favour of it

+1

Even with the frustrating delay, the correct decision is made. It's a no brainer that it's overall a good thing. 
The correct decision is made LOLLOL you playing with your flute that much your gone blind, Ronaldo not sent off and then a farce of a penalty awarded yeah the right decision is made LOL

Confused

I wasn't referencing any incident at all ya gobsh*te.LOL

I was speaking in general about VAR. 
Ah well that’s fine so, so you still stand by the correct decision shoite you trotted out, you really have got 2left feet LOL

Yes the correct decision is generally made with VAR. It's not the fault of VAR if blatant favouritism is shown towards one the poster boys of football, that being Ronaldo.Spain had a goal that looked offside at first but was correctly allowed tonight thanks to VAR. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:43pm
The Ronaldo incident was never a red card. The Iranian tried to block his run and Ronaldo pushed past him.

The hand ball was the wrong call, and it probably shows how a weak ref can be pressured into making such a call.

With the Iranians boiling over at times, he must have thought that as the ball had touched an arm, it was easier to just give it.

That game required a stronger ref.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

The Ronaldo incident was never a red card. The Iranian tried to block his run and Ronaldo pushed past him.

The hand ball was the wrong call, and it probably shows how a weak ref can be pressured into making such a call.

With the Iranians boiling over at times, he must have thought that as the ball had touched an arm, it was easier to just give it.

That game required a stronger ref.

By putting his arm and subsequently his elbow across his face.

As Andrews put it either the ref thinks he elbowed him and sends him off or he gives nothing. He obviously felt Ronaldo fouled the Iranian player by bringing it back for the foul and booking him meaning he copped out of giving him a red card
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:25am
Did anyone really believe that ref was ever going to send off FIFA's multiple Golden Ball winner ? No chance. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

wrong decisions are still being made
But not as many as would be being made with no VAR
Yes but you can accept 'human error' (and corruption) but errors shouldn't happen with VAR.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Think the Iranian penalty was harsh but Ronaldo should have been sent off swung his arm around
Stop will ya, it's not table tennis they're playing its a man's game, it's the World Cup, you need a few digs thrown FFS snowflake.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 9:18am
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:40am
Jesus lads, if Ronaldo got sent off for that last night we may as well give up on football all together. Never a red card and barely a yellow.Embarrassed

The peno awarded to Iran was a horrendous call too.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 26 Jun 2018 at 10:40am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

By putting his arm and subsequently his elbow across his face.

As Andrews put it either the ref thinks he elbowed him and sends him off or he gives nothing. He obviously felt Ronaldo fouled the Iranian player by bringing it back for the foul and booking him meaning he copped out of giving him a red card

The ref gave the yellow as a sop to the Iranians. Whether it was even a foul was debatable. However, once he used VAR he probably felt he had to give something. The yellow was an easy solution to keep everyone happy.

This game showed that a ref, under pressure from a team who feel hard done by, can still get it wrong. 

Like for the penalty. 
The ball touched a Portuguese arm so he gave it, even though it was a punishment that didn't fit the crime.

VAR, as it works at the moment, will cause more pressure to be put on refs. As the stakes get higher, the potential for games to be disrupted becomes even greater.

I think in the Bundesliga when players call for VAR they get a yellow card. That's needed for the World Cup.

And having the VAR ref being the one in control may help the ref on the pitch. 

If players know that the ref with all the TVs is for definite the one making the big decisions. Then there will be less pressure put on the ref on the pitch.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I'm not that convinced by either Spain or Portugal's squads. Portugal's defence looks very old. I think Morocco could well nip in here and eliminate one of them - probably Portugal, who are serial underperformers in World Cups.

Spains squad is outstanding.
It was outstanding on paper in 2014 and 2016 too and they did nothing. 

To me it doesn't look to have the calibre of leadership that the 2008-2012 squads had and I'm not sure they have have the right balance. 

I think they might make a quarter-final, but I wouldn't be backing them to go any further. 

Should Russia get out of their group they could trouble them in the last 16 and I'd expect Uruguay to outfight them if they're paired with them at that stage.
Bump
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic