You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster Bank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster Bank
    Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:21am
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:41am
Can remember a few years ago I advised them I was moving to Canada for two years and to close my account. When I came back I had letters from them of it being in arrears. When I logged in online I saw that I had no money in the account when leaving and they had just brought in their charges, so they were charging an empty account and telling me I was liable.

Took about a month but eventually they saw sense and wiped the charges, I then closed the account and moved banks, useless pricks. 
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:51am
Was affected back in 2012 when they had their issues that was supposed to be solved in an hour, and was the guts of a week. Promptly moved banks after that!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:11pm
This happened to our BOI accounts at the start of March and was widely reported.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:24pm
Finally getting away from this absolute shower of thunder-cúnts after 15 years 'banking' with them, in what can only be likened to the relationship an abused spouse might find themselves in.

Anyone want to recommend me a bank? Will be moving over all my accounts, so personal, business and car loan. I alreasdy have another business account with BoI, so that might make migrating easy, but happy to move to whoever. Or are they all as shíte as each other?

TIA Clap

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm
Yeah theyre all ****s. Im moving back to AIB from PTSB as the latter are reintroducing fees, which is the exact reason I left AIB in the first place and moved to them. In the meantime AIB changed their fees structure meaning I can get free banking with them again as I have my mortgages with them.

Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:51pm
You may find frustrations you had with UB will crop up if you move to BOI who are a bit more conservative in what they'll loan on.
AIB are decent now, though everything they're doing at the moment is geared towards making the bank an attractive buy for a big sale, lipstick on a pig kinda thing. Not sure what happens as a bank when it's finally sold.
I'd avoid PTSB like the plague.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 3:58pm
KBC, lads?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

KBC, lads?
Make the rest of them look like a bunch of absolute sound ****s.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm
Jesus LOL
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:56am
This is with the AIB

A Way to Bank Free of Maintenance and Transaction Fees Personal current account customers can bank free of maintenance and transaction fees by meeting the following criteria: Qualifying Criteria Maintain a minimum daily credit statement balance of €2,500 in the account for each fee quarter.* The statement balance is the end of day account balance. It is not impacted by any uncleared items, e.g. due to cheques lodged but not yet cleared or pending debit card transactions. Customers are responsible for making provision for any debit transactions that could bring the account balance below €2,500. This includes debit interest, quarterly maintenance and transaction fees, other bank charges and government stamp duty.

with the Ulster Bank from 19th April you have to  keep €3,000!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:08am
Revolut have bank accounts, It's on my to do list to switch to them. 

Some credit Unions will also be introducing a card and withdrawl option much like a bank, so this is another one I'd be looking.

F
U
C
K

B
A
N
K
S

And all that work for them Evil Smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:09pm
Ulster Bank have charged €4 a month for ages, unless you have €3k in the account.

From April it's €2 a month regardless, then charges for services if you don't have €3k in the account. And the charges are steep, like 35c if you use your debit card on chip and pin and 80c if you use it in the branch, although only 1c per contactless transaction.

Still, robbing b*stards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic