You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor O'Malley

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conor O'Malley
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:25pm
Mayo man and former St Pats keeper having a sound game for the Posh tonight v Blackburn on sky tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:38am
Only eleven players on the new Peterborough managers retained list but CO'M is one of them.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:21pm
Good to see Conor getting the call up.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:24pm
Looked a talented keeper at Pats. Like a few of our goalkeepers though, his distribution wouldn't be the best. He's got time to improve on it at least.
We're decent enough..
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:36pm
Not surprised. I seen him play for Pats a few times in the LOI. He always stood. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Not surprised. I seen him play for Pats a few times in the LOI. He always stood. 

Much prefer that as a tactical approach than the old fashioned sitting keeper. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:11pm
LOL
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:18am
Good Westport man and a former Westport United under age keeper. The whole town is delighted for him. Good man Conor Clap
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:28am

He was impressive during his stint with Saints. He has fantastic agility and is a brilliant shot stopper. He isn't the most physically imposing though and could do with bulking up a bit. 

I reckon he can have a good career ahead of him but I'd be surprised to see him amass a lot of international caps.
El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He was impressive during his stint with Saints. He has fantastic agility and is a brilliant shot stopper. He isn't the most physically imposing though and could do with bulking up a bit. 

I reckon he can have a good career ahead of him but I'd be surprised to see him amass a lot of international caps.
would agree with this. Fair play to you Conor, still young too
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:55am
A man can't help where he's from, but like all his Westport brethren he can take comfort from the fact that he was born in Castlebar

A genuinely lovely lad. Fair play to him. Would be fantastic to see a Mayo man get an international cap for the first time in over 60 years.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:36am

Certainly stood out as a very good shot stopper. I would agree on the physically imposing part too.
I was surprised to see online he is 6' 2". Once he has the height he can work on bulking up. Of course the danger in bulking up is you could lose agility. Maybe he just needs to be more Presence. Would be great to see a Mayo man capped and hopefully more in the future with the good work going on at Westport Utd, Castlebar Celtic etc.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Would be fantastic to see a Mayo man get an international cap for the first time in over 60 years.

Who was the last one MM?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Would be fantastic to see a Mayo man get an international cap for the first time in over 60 years.

Who was the last one MM?

The first and only, Mullrany man Ollie Conmy. A handful of caps in the late 1960s.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm

Only Conor's first league game of the season yesterday good peno save but made some mistakes including giving away the penalty.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:41pm
He's jacking in playing apparently. That's a real shame, he was a good keeper and he's still young
El Puto Amo
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:48pm

He's jacking in playing apparently. That's a real shame, he was a good keeper and he's still young

Think he has a masters in maths or something so I'm sure he'll be ok. Shame though, he was very good pats
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic