You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Cassidy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He had 4 goals and 2 assists in 17 appearances for Accrington prior to his injury so it wasn't like he was doing terrible. He's a promising player nice to see him score a few get his eye back in. 

Do we think he gets a loan move in January maybe? 

As I recall, his only goal from open play was a rebound from a penalty that he missed.

& he'd lost his place well before the injury and hadn't come off the bench much just before it either. The injury didn't help but it wasn't the whole story at all.

Ahh okay that's fair. Only looked up his stats there. 

Do we think he gets a loan in Jan.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:03pm
Wasn't doing well in League 1 so a League 2 or National League move might be more realistic. Maybe even playing a few months back in Ireland might be a possibility for him.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:17am
Good to see this lad go play LoI for a while to get him back into men's football following a long injury lay-off.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't played a senior match in just over a year, when he was then forced out with injury and only back recenly playing (and scoring ) at U23 level.

Could be an U21 option this year if it goes well for him.

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:26am
Another young striker who is dong well and scoring goals at underage level. Hope the move works out. The more of these lads coming through the better!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Scored 7 in 5 in the FA Youth Cup back in 18/19, for whatever that is worth.

His last action was in L1 with Accrington Stanley in 20/21 where he played on and off for the first half of the season, netting just twice, before injury took him out until recent weeks.

Has never really played underage for us and I assume that's because he was down the pecking order behind the young forwards we all know about.
But in good news for him, we are a bit sparse up front in the U21's (hence Ferguson moved right up to that age-group) so if he were to do well at Bohs, he could find himself there or there-abouts around the squad later in the year.

Best of luck to him.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
Having been released by Watford at the end of last season Cassidy is on trial with Swindon at the moment. Scored for them today in a pre-season game. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic