You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie Towell - No Puns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 5:10pm
It was said on a BT Sports show a couple of weeks back that Rooney was on £4k. It seems easier to be promoted out of League 2 than to be promoted from the National League so my guess is Towell is on around £4-5k with a pay-rise if they get promoted. They're throwing crazy money around for a club of their size. I also heard they bought Rory Gaffney a gaff!
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 10:01am
Agree with the 1st part of your post. I think Salford will go straight up again. 

I don't know much about Richie but he seems like a flash f**ker in his social media accounts. Salford do have a good project going and will probably be in championship in 3 years. Would that be good for him? I'm not sure, he would be 30. He played loads this year so you would imagine a low end championship team would come in for him or top end L1. 

Strange move.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:56am
Is Adam Rooney still there?
Was only wondering as it'd be sweet to see them buy a few more Irish lads that could bring them up the leagues

Horgan
Boyle
Byrne
Clarke
Masterson

Maybe a few of the young lads like O'Connor, O'Hara etc on Loan

Ah a dream
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
Pretty sh*te dream bro.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
I'm not very imaginative

Would be great to see an 'Irish' team moving up the leagues, would be good for the team support as would have a full stadium every game

That's it. If I win the Euro Millions Friday I'm taking over
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

I'm not very imaginative

Would be great to see an 'Irish' team moving up the leagues, would be good for the team support as would have a full stadium every game

There’s loads of them in Ireland.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:59pm
True, and I go as much as I can

But moving up the leagues in England would be a little different
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
On this move and that of Adam Rooney aswell. Would £4k - £5k a week be more than what a Championship team or Scottish PL team could offer??? 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

On this move and that of Adam Rooney aswell. Would £4k - £5k a week be more than what a Championship team or Scottish PL team could offer??? 

im sure it would depend on the team and the player. Towell may not have had any offers from the championship. celtic/rangers and maybe aberdeen would pay that for the right payer. celtic/rangers obvisouly. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

I'm not very imaginative

There’s loads of them in Ireland.

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Do you mean Scottish Champoionship or English?

It is a lot more than most Scottish teams could afford, apart from the obvious, and if he is getting anything around 5k he will comfortably be the highest paid player in League 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic