You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not quite topic related but couldn’t find a suitable thread and didn’t want to start a new one. I have googled but cant seem to find the info I’m looking for and I know there are a couple of HR gurus on here.

So.... When you book say a days AL, is there a statutory time frame in place that your leave must be approved or refused from either the date you booked it or from the date you wish to take off? Or can an employer sit on your application until the last minute and then approve/refuse as they see fit?
Wouldn't have thought it's a statutory thing but it's a d1ck move to do if your boss is doing it. I'd say have a word with them, they may just have got it lost in emails. If they really are delaying it and impacting your ability to plan, have a word with HR.
It wont impact a thing, my plans are set and I wont and cant change them. Of course the company handbook is suitably vague...”reasonable time” this and “operationally” that...  anyway ill see how it plays out and stand more than ready to handle this gery “stressful” situation.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:16pm
Since when have you given a sh1t about what work think of your actions?

Edited by sausy - 02 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:29pm
LOLmerely an enquiry to help plan for potential battle.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 6:46pm
Wouldnt have thought there is anything statutory on the subject of getting approval. They just need to either accept or refuse your request. Faffin about and not giving a decision, id just send another email asking again. You're entitled to your leave for rest and recreation and for family. Play on that to speed the jobsworth up.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 1:19pm
Cheers. Not back in until wednesday. Handbook says a decision in 3 weeks max but the 3 weeks ends a week before i want the leave so little time to change plans not that i will be. Never had an issue before in almost 15 years but Ive been butting heads lately over a few things and now wondering if this stalling is on purpose. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic