Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 10:58pm
Not fit for purpose in its current format 

They’re making a shambles of it week on week 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:45pm
I agree with this from Gary Neville. I was thinking it earlier that they've used VAR well in this tournament so far, just like they did in the World Cup in 2018 when it was relatively new. 

The Premier Leagues use of VAR has made me doubt it. Watching this tournament makes me realise we’ve overcomplicated it , mis-used it and thought we knew better than tournaments and countries that had used it before us . Used correctly It can work and not intrude on the game !
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:53pm
Are they deliberately not using it as much or what? I thought Mbappe should have had a peno tonight. Prior to this tournament they gave a peno for sneezing. 

Edited by doherty - 15 Jun 2021 at 10:54pm
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I agree with this from Gary Neville. I was thinking it earlier that they've used VAR well in this tournament so far, just like they did in the World Cup in 2018 when it was relatively new. 

The Premier Leagues use of VAR has made me doubt it. Watching this tournament makes me realise we’ve overcomplicated it , mis-used it and thought we knew better than tournaments and countries that had used it before us . Used correctly It can work and not intrude on the game !

No f**king sh*t Gary. 

Have said all along that the English were making an arse out of it
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:46am

I was surprised at how bad it had been implemented in the PL. From what I remember of that world cup, the ref would go to the monitor to judge for themselves. It took nearly a year for that to happen in England. 

A classic case of the lack of accountability that officials in England face and a refusal to accept that they might be doing things wrong.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Are they deliberately not using it as much or what? I thought Mbappe should have had a peno tonight. Prior to this tournament they gave a peno for sneezing. 
I like that they don't show the stupid lines, seems to bring about a much faster decision.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 12:25pm
Euro VAR is top notch. Hopefully the PL can learn from it and speed it up next season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:15pm
Why did they use a green thicker line last week for the offside replays but it’s back to the blue and red thinner lines this week?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:18pm

Why did they use a green thicker line last week for the offside replays but it’s back to the blue and red thinner lines this week?

Because Richard Masters needs all decisions going the way of his beloved big 6 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Because Richard Masters needs all decisions going the way of his beloved big 6 
Tonyjaa has hacked lassies account and is pretending to be an EPL supporter.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 10:55am
I've always wondered if the VAR officials in Stockley Park watch and listen to the match on Sky Sports or BT, whichever is screening it in the UK. 
As 9 times out of 10 they go with whatever Neville or Carragher think of the contentious decision

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
Watford goal disallowed

Milner getting away with a second yellow somehow

Clear and obvious errors
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 9:31pm
no more var.
No Pasaran!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 11:56pm

Watford goal disallowed

Milner getting away with a second yellow somehow

Clear and obvious errors

Watford goal correctly disallowed. 

The free kick was given against Henderson. The issuing or not of second yellow cards is not a VAR matter. But if the ref gave it, the game itself as a spectacle would have been ruined. 

After 70 league games, this thread would usually be very active. The fact it's not, shows either the refereeing is better or VAR has improved. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:18am
Nonsense 
The Leeds one is either a penalty to Watford or a goal
The Leeds defender pulls the Watford players shirt and then pulls him round the neck before the Watford player has a slight pull back.  

You’re assuming the foul was against Henderson, where’d you hear this from? Ah so it might ruin a game as a spectacle so we won’t issue a second yellow in any further games then. Let’s change the rules. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Oct 2021 at 12:19am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:51am
It's the ref's decision to issue a second yellow to a player or not. The VAR has absolutely no power in the decision, so it's factually wrong to say that VAR should do something about it. Only in the case of a straight red card (or mistaken identity) can a VAR intervene. In this case it was neither so that deals with that.

I believe the ref on the pitch gave the foul for the push by Henderson, who made the initial challenge. It wasn't a yellow card offence, so therefore it wasn't given.

VAR cannot award a goal at Leeds v Watford, as the whistle went before the ball was over the line. So that's also not a VAR issue. 

Edited by planning - 04 Oct 2021 at 7:19pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
  Share Topic