You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alarm Clocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The modern phone has in built app called clock usually, in the app there are alarm settings. 

What I like about it is, it makes the noise an alarm does and you can change the times to suit when you need to wake up, the modern phone also has the time on it, so it is actually an alarm. 

Thanks but made it quite clear that I hated checking phone for time 🖕🏻

solution - keep your eyes closed until the alarm goes off. that way you know what time it is. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:51am

Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

An Amazon Echo dot and a cheap speaker make a decent alarm clock which you can just tell when to wake you and which Spotify or similar playlist to wake you with instead of the beep beep beep of a phone

Tell me more. Seems to be a few. Any recommends?

If you have a good speaker system buy the Dot,around €40 on amazon now.The Dot plugs into a speaker or connects via bluetooth.

If you want a built in speaker get the Echo,they are £90.

They are a great bit of kit,can be used to also control smart home features like lights/heating.

I have the original Echo and it works great,all depends on what you need it for.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

An Amazon Echo dot and a cheap speaker make a decent alarm clock which you can just tell when to wake you and which Spotify or similar playlist to wake you with instead of the beep beep beep of a phone

If you have a good speaker system buy the Dot,around €40 on amazon now.The Dot plugs into a speaker or connects via bluetooth.

They are a great bit of kit,can be used to also control smart home features like lights/heating.

I have the original Echo and it works great,all depends on what you need it for.

I got the Google Mini home in the states a few weeks ago, similar to amazon dot but has a built in speaker, which works under voice command,,so you can ask it what time it is.. also has an alarm function..loads of other functions i havent used yet, mainly use for radio and alarm
Getting old and intolerant
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I have one of those old babies that rattle and ring , hey good enough to wake the deaf Approve

That's no way to talk about Mrs murph
Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:50pm
Hated checking my phone as well McG and was gonna buy an alarm clock. Got a cheap casio watch instead which I check for the time if I wake up (has a little light on it) and use that as my alarm

http://www.watchshop.com/unisex-casio-classic-alarm-chronograph-watch-f-91w-1xy-p30427.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shoppingfeeds&source=froogle&nst=0&gclid=CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VP-RAZdCRhC_cTnnrYt67e3TdSwJvV4hoKMqdbl7BD_TFy8rVoff4RoCoZwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 1:04pm
Get a cock. 

That will wake you up nice and early. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I got the Google Mini home in the states a few weeks ago, similar to amazon dot but has a built in speaker, which works under voice command,,so you can ask it what time it is.. also has an alarm function..loads of other functions i havent used yet, mainly use for radio and alarm

Echo is nearly identical to Google home but there is several versions.Echo Dot is good if you dont need a speaker it just connects to your speakers.Other versions all have an inbuilt speaker.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The modern phone has in built app called clock usually, in the app there are alarm settings. 

What I like about it is, it makes the noise an alarm does and you can change the times to suit when you need to wake up, the modern phone also has the time on it, so it is actually an alarm. 

LOLLOL, where can I get one such device Bobert?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Get a cock. 

That will wake you up nice and early. 

Not if you've had a massive tug at about 4am it won't.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Hated checking my phone as well McG and was gonna buy an alarm clock. Got a cheap casio watch instead which I check for the time if I wake up (has a little light on it) and use that as my alarm

http://www.watchshop.com/unisex-casio-classic-alarm-chronograph-watch-f-91w-1xy-p30427.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shoppingfeeds&source=froogle&nst=0&gclid=CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VP-RAZdCRhC_cTnnrYt67e3TdSwJvV4hoKMqdbl7BD_TFy8rVoff4RoCoZwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

There is a setting on the phone, which can display the time when it's on standby 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic