You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Loyalty to Genuine Away Fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
True but in the end there were spares which suggests that the real demand for tickets was less than supply.   However due to the process you often get an artificial demand which means some people missed out but would have got sorted in the end
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

There were spare tickets for Bosnia.

I didnt get a ticket from FAI for that game.Got turned down and when I queried it was told allocation was sold out.

We just didn't want you ther dude 😎
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

What's beating me is why is Bosnia highlighted as an example of their support?

Think his point was the allocation was 900 and they were sorted.....now it's 2,300 and they're weren't

Well there was about 100 official tickets for Andorra so I wonder did all 12 get tickets?

My point here being we see this "I've been to every game for years and got all my tickets from the fai", when in reality there is a little embellishing going on

Edited by PhilliyK - 04 Nov 2017 at 7:47pm
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
Lads,

We highlighted here so we could talk about it to see if others had the same problem.

We are two separate groups of 6 in different parts of the country.

Philly there is no embellishing here. Yes we were in Andorra.

A Nation holds its breath
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by KeanoKeano KeanoKeano wrote:

Lads,

We highlighted here so we could talk about it to see if others had the same problem.

We are two separate groups of 6 in different parts of the country.

Philly there is no embellishing here. Yes we were in Andorra.

Got direct from the fai? in your own names etc? as if so, you were in a very exclusive club as was less than 100 available to fans from memory (think players got a %) and a good old melt down on here over it. I'd be amazed if your groups where getting these under record and direct from the fai for Andorra and got refused for Denmark as that would be a proper scandal and I'm sure a few more lads on here would have heard about it by now.

Anyway, best of luck getting the required tickets
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 10:29pm
Andorra is not in the last ten so is not part of the criteria for this game. So it's a red herring. If the lads were at the last ten away games not including Scotland and had them all in their own name and they didn't get a ticket that's a joke and should be sorted.
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

...his account only had 3 aways on it (he had applied on a friends account previously) how can these tickets not be linked to him when his name and account number was given on his friends application.

As far as I know he was told them games can't be transferred to his account either which is crazy as it's because of this he been let down again

The solution for this is everyone to apply on their own account for all games. Why apply for some on his own and others on a friend's?

There's been numerous reports of the FAI allocating half the number of tickets requested across the board to groups/SCs. It's a mess, but you've little come back compared to having your own individual account.

I agree having all games on own account is the only way to go but surely can't be that hard to transfer the games from the other account to his own when his details would of been given when applying for them

Think he got tickets on the other account after been rejected for Glasgow. Has got all tickets for the current campaign on his own account (only game missed was Serbia although Wales ticket wasn't sourced direct from fai)

Was said on the last email received on the ybig mandate that people leaving clubs to go to fans direct etc can bring their account records with them might be something to check at next meeting about people being able to transfer records from 1 fans direct account to another at least that way more people will have accurate account details

There is no issue getting historical ticket records transfered between accounts once proof is there that it's genuine. I know for a fact it's been done before with no problem.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:45am
I printed off my record after Glasgow and now I’ve printed it again just to be on the safe side.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic