You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Denmark Away Ticket Thread - NO TOUTING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was in A9. Found the atmosphere strange. There wasn't any singing and I felt detached from the main crowd of Irish fans. Even so the main block in D2 or whatever seemed strangely subdued.  Very little atmosphere.

Saw Celtic there about 10 years ago and atmosphere I'm away end was equally poor, very unusual for a Celtic euro away . some stadiums just aren't designed well for a good atmosphere
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:34pm
So you think people harvested at the Denmark game :-). For what game exactly -). We don't have a proper game for nearly 18 months :   
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's actually quite disgusting how a huge chunk of tickets ended up with fellas who don't support the team.
And then to see some being touted. The FAI really need to implement a proper scheme with the Football Family reduced to max 15 per cent.

I'd hazard a guess that a part of the problem was harvesting. Just look on this thread at how many got tickets from a regular who pulled out "at the last minute" would indicate a lot applued to keep their record up, knowing they'd shift them easy.

Eh ??

so you are saying regular away fans who had no intention of going got their tickets and sold them (at no doubt inflated prices) to ejjitts who had no real interest in the team ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was in A9. Found the atmosphere strange. There wasn't any singing and I felt detached from the main crowd of Irish fans. Even so the main block in D2 or whatever seemed strangely subdued.  Very little atmosphere.

Saw Celtic there about 10 years ago and atmosphere I'm away end was equally poor, very unusual for a Celtic euro away . some stadiums just aren't designed well for a good atmosphere

i was there that night also and it was a similar atmosphere and full of idiots just like saturday (regular away crew not included)

as for the point above about harvesting having been at all aways i'd say the real issue was the football family share and where that ended up 

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
Luckily saw Joe McGlue and asked him where the collection point was. Hidden behind 2 parked coaches, not the easiest to find. 
The dark side.. And the light
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Luckily saw Joe McGlue and asked him where the collection point was. Hidden behind 2 parked coaches, not the easiest to find. 
So it looks like that's why we couldn't find them? Angry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The look of panic on your face as the lad spent ages trying to find your ticket !

Considering how quick he found yours and other tickets no wonder I was bricking it. They sent me to the Danish collection point and got it re printed.
The dark side.. And the light
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The look of panic on your face as the lad spent ages trying to find your ticket !

Considering how quick he found yours and other tickets no wonder I was bricking it. They sent me to the Danish collection point and got it re printed.

I met MJD and he explained that you got sorted (Which is why it's OK to laugh about it now!).

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The worse thing was I was first in the Q and there was 3 envelopes but one was collected and we were down to 2 and were told that we could have them . I said i actually had no Danish kroner on me but had my debit and credit card and I was told that they could look after the payment that way . If for instance they said lads we won't be handing them out then that's fair enough . I would have stayed away and tried getting in another way as my mate also had no ticket but managed to get in .

Whereabouts outside the ground was this anyway Butch and what time did you get those tickets? When the Q-Towers showed me the spot where they had collected their tickets, there were only a couple of food stalls there, near the away sections and that was about 15-20 minutes before ko.

You having a laugh I didn't get tickets that's what I'm giving out about

So it was past the away section in the left corner and yes there was coaches around there and fencing and it was a smallish trailer. I was there from 8.15 until 8.50
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

The worse thing was I was first in the Q and there was 3 envelopes but one was collected and we were down to 2 and were told that we could have them . I said i actually had no Danish kroner on me but had my debit and credit card and I was told that they could look after the payment that way . If for instance they said lads we won't be handing them out then that's fair enough . I would have stayed away and tried getting in another way as my mate also had no ticket but managed to get in .

Whereabouts outside the ground was this anyway Butch and what time did you get those tickets? When the Q-Towers showed me the spot where they had collected their tickets, there were only a couple of food stalls there, near the away sections and that was about 15-20 minutes before ko.

You having a laugh I didn't get tickets that's what I'm giving out about

So it was past the away section in the left corner and yes there was coaches around there and fencing and it was a smallish trailer. I was there from 8.15 until 8.50
Sorry, misread your post. LOL 

It was well hidden alright. At the time, we thought they had already left but clearly not.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124
  Share Topic