You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Croatia v NI
Swiss v Greece
Denmark v Ireland
Italy v Sweden

2 out of 4
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

I can’t wait for the “do your own draw” thread for the 32 team WC finals if we do qualify

The pet shop will run out of goldfish, I'm going to get on to them to order more. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:42pm
Had a quick look at the playoff fixtures to see what order the matches will be on the box over the 6 days in November.
Italy are playing Sweden in the the San Siro.
There was a lot of talk on here about Italy making it difficult for away fans so they were going to put their home match in Palermo or somewhere.
I presume the Swedes will travel in big numbers to Milan, easy to get to, just the 80,000 seats, so imagine the Swedes will have no problem getting tickets.
So that talk was a load of crap then.
Or have Italy decided that they will cash in on a big attendance in the knowledge that they should win the tie easy enough?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
The idea was that they would play in a smaller place if they thought they wouldn't fill a bigger stadium. I think that probably applies to Northern Ireland and, despite how great we think we are, probably ourselves.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The idea was that they would play in a smaller place if they thought they wouldn't fill a bigger stadium. I think that probably applies to Northern Ireland and, despite how great we think we are, probably ourselves.

Italy away in the San Siro be something else though wouldn't it? We would bring around 10K.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Italy away in the San Siro be something else though wouldn't it? We would bring around 10K.
But have a lesser chance of qualifying. As much as we'd all love a pretty much guaranteed ticket, I'm sure we'd all prefer a team closer to our own level even if it were behind closed doors if it meant we're going to Russia.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Are Croatia being overrated here? Seems like they struggled in the group.

They're struggling overall. They have played 10 games so far in 2017 (including friendlies) and have won only four.

Jesus a few odd balls on here were actually saying Croatia with that midfield were over rated!!

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:44pm
Ya. I'm not underestimating Denmark, but Croatia were the ones to avoid at all costs, even more so than Italy.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Are Croatia being overrated here? Seems like they struggled in the group.

They're struggling overall. They have played 10 games so far in 2017 (including friendlies) and have won only four.

Jesus a few odd balls on here were actually saying Croatia with that midfield were over rated!!

They've hit form at the right time under the new manager. They had a very indifferent 2017 but burst into life with the away win over Ukraine and tonight's game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414243
  Share Topic