Relegation Dogfight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:26pm

Frustrated that we still need a point in Derry to be sure but Saints should have enough to stay up.

Hopefully Sligs drop points tomorrow

Owen Garvan looks a class above, will be some player for Pats next season with a full and proper pre-season. 

Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Sadly, think Harps are doomed. I was hoping they'd get out of it.
Pat's will be ok and keep their top flight history record.

So, for me it's between Galway and Sligo. Looking at the remaining fixtures I'd favour Sligo to survive.

Personally I'd prefer Galway to stay up - really like the City and have great admiration and respect for their fans rowing against the tide in what is traditionally a GAA hot bed. For all Sligo's long history and it being a football town, their fans are an awful shower of moany feckers..

There's a lot of truth in that - Sligo fold love telling how it's a football town only yet always are matching their attendances despite having GAA and Connacht rugby right on their doorstep

Galway with their population that is 4 times as big I believe you meant to include.

Huge game tonight. Would take a point. If we can’t win in Drogheda last game of the season we deserve to go down.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:04am
And then there were 3.................

Thankfully Limerick are safe.  huge relief.  

Harps are almost gone but any of the other 3 could still go.  It will be very harsh on whoever goes down.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
Yeah Pats win last night puts us down bar a complete Sligo collapse and results elsewhere go our way. Drpgs and Galway home defeats were masisve but the last minute Sligo winner was the one that did most damage. I hope it's them or Pats to go down as they voted for a ten team league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:53pm

Yeah Pats win last night puts us down bar a complete Sligo collapse and results elsewhere go our way. Drpgs and Galway home defeats were masisve but the last minute Sligo winner was the one that did most damage. I hope it's them or Pats to go down as they voted for a ten team league

That Sligo winner was the final nail in the coffin for us should of kept it tight and left with a point.

Back to the graveyard that is the 1st division for us ☹ only saving grace for the club is it might allow us to blood so of the u17s and u19s into the team that are doing so well in their own leagues
limerick lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
Delighted to finally be safe and guaranteed premier division football next season. Galway very unlucky last night, better team on the night. Some shocking calls as well by the ref. Two very soft penalties given last night (one each) and then he didn't give a blatant penalty for Galway in injury time. From a Limerick perspective we will take it but can definitely see why Galway would be annoyed.

Interesting to see how Limerick do during the break and the squad that is built for next season. Ogbene, Hery and Tosi would be 3 key signings if the club can make it happen and hopefully McDonald can use his contacts in the UK to strengthen as well.
just hit the fecking thing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:50pm
Galway Utd fooked now

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
Complete lottery tonight that thankfully we won. Gale blowing straight down the pitch. Caused the first goal. Even though we were 2 up at half time would have taken a point at half time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Complete lottery tonight that thankfully we won. Gale blowing straight down the pitch. Caused the first goal. Even though we were 2 up at half time would have taken a point at half time.

A wee bit harsh. I think we wanted it more which made the difference. Derry had the weather in the second half and didnt do much with it.

Massive credit has to go Lytle. Robertson left us in the sh*t with nothing up front and he made us hard to beat and changed it in the window. Going to Drogheda not to loose ... we' d have taken that all day long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:02am
Its a mad season really. 40 points would stop relegation and 50 points would get ya Europe ... 14 draws killed us this season. The gap isint that big.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 22 Oct 2017 at 1:03am

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:39am
Ah we were very poor first half. Total fluke for the first goal. BUT we were really good second half.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:50am
Draws all round next week?

Honestly, Pats proud record to defend.
Sligo Rv at least in recent history tried to do something (league and a cup or two)

Galway I'm afraid imo, still the infighting, still holding you back 😷 Galway lads sound but I'm afraid this year you're the unfortunate team that 👎

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 5:36am
We are as good as gone really , only Bray can save us .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 8:55am
Yup good as gone. We were abismmal in Limerick on Friday night, should not have had to rely on penalty decisions to try and win the game.Had so many chances in the second half and couldn't break Limerick down.

Will still hold a bit of hope for Derry beating Pats and us beating Dundalk....miracles can happen right?

PMc10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
Finn Harps v Drogheda fixed tonight was it?!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:12pm
#lolz

EB1529A1-62FD-4CBE-B45A-FAEF2747C18A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456