You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff and Kammy love The Eire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:55am
I've watched it and I enjoyed it ... but I do think the gaa are very self promoting and love to show how great they are to 'outsiders'  actually a lot of gaa promotion is form outside the gaa , aib , super valu centra...
august and sept is full of it, yeah they always compare to premier league football.. insecurity , I don't know... but it is very irish to want the brits to approve of our efforts...
I don't watch hurling myself.....
I always wonder how the players see it.... they probably arrive at training in a real madrid or manu hoodie..!   does that annoy the GAA
Come on Irelind
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They're comparing the best of one sport to the worst of another
Georgia v Ireland was as bad a game as you'll see.

There are plenty of good football games and boring hurling games. Its pointless comparing sports.

I also don't get why, if they're going to compare their sports to others, they never compare the GAA to rugby, which is as unskilled and boring a sport as you will find in my opinion. Perhaps its because gaelic football teams have tried to emulate rugby players in so many ways over the last few years

I also said this in another post, you never see an early championship match leitrom v new York compared to a chanps league final or semi final
Come on Irelind
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:14pm
The day Man City pipped Man United for the league, there should have been an article comparing it to that day's national hurling league match between Derry and Carlow

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 6:36pm

The day Man City pipped Man United for the league, there should have been an article comparing it to that day's national hurling league match between Derry and Carlow

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm
Is such a lame argument because two Irish teams hurling against each other is always going to result in one Irish team emerging as heroes, warriors, going the extra mile etc
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:01pm
What annoys me is that a lot of these lads who play for their local club or county think they are elite world class athletes on a par with pro footballers etc and resent not earning wealth like they are.  I'm sorry but being better than a few lads in your position within a 50 mile radius doesn't mean you are world class. 

Just look at when they do speed or fitness tests on that tv show The Toughest Trade which was again sponsored by AIB.  Even the title of the show gives it away the ulterior motive. They thought they would get these fancy dan foreigners over here and show them up in a ''real game'', while the local GAA player would go over there and show off his skill and talent and that was fitter or as much of an athlete as they were.  They even loaded the odds in their favour, getting retired out of shape players from other sports to come here while AIB sent the best present day GAA players over there. Except the whole thing backfired and they got shown up!  Aidan O'Shea was nowhere near NFL players in terms of speed, agility and quickness.  Some other fella got sent to Sunderland and he wasn't up to standard in his fitness tests. The show always then had excuses for them or put overly positive spins on it.

Just stop comparing yourselves lads.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:53pm

I'd say Derry V Carlow was still better!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:09pm
Jeff and Kammy on the Eire radio this morning.

"They was well impressed"- merse

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9%5F21235031%5F15036%5F18%2D09%2D2017%5F

(anyone who wants to listen copy and paste the full link including the non-clickable part)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic