You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McG v Mayweather - MEGA MEGATHREAD edited by BSM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McG v Mayweather - MEGA MEGATHREAD edited by BSM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McG v Mayweather - MEGA MEGATHREAD edited by BSM
    Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:27am
I wouldn't know much about Irish boxing tbh but surely McGregor wouldn't win a National title if he tried?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:10am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

See some British boxing promoter  Spencer something claiming McGregor couldn't compete for the British Boxing title.

Not sure who he is but obviously some ponce trying to call him out trying to make a quick buck

Theres been a few irish boxing heads have said he wouldnt win an Irish title.

Its all ifs, buts and maybes
Pascal Collins and Andy Lee
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

This didn't happen...hey champ theres this irish kid in the ufc calling you out. I know, hilarious but it would be a massive earner and you'll beat Marcianos record. Remember champ don't throw a punch in the first three rounds, take a couple and let the Mick punk have the rounds. After that, do as you please, hold him up and finish it inside the distance. Fools and their money....
Somebody watching to many boxing movies me thinks, make sure to remove the tinfoil hat before putting your head in the mictowave to check your popcorn
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

See some British boxing promoter  Spencer something claiming McGregor couldn't compete for the British Boxing title.

Not sure who he is but obviously some ponce trying to call him out trying to make a quick buck

Theres been a few irish boxing heads have said he wouldnt win an Irish title.

Its all ifs, buts and maybes
@AntrimMan85
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:26pm

Edited by lassassinblanc - 28 Aug 2017 at 11:27pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 10:54pm
Here's an example of how crafty Mayweather is http://imgur.com/gallery/Nv9MZ

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 9:33pm
This didn't happen...hey champ theres this irish kid in the ufc calling you out. I know, hilarious but it would be a massive earner and you'll beat Marcianos record. Remember champ don't throw a punch in the first three rounds, take a couple and let the Mick punk have the rounds. After that, do as you please, hold him up and finish it inside the distance. Fools and their money....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mayweather was 4/5 to win by stoppage

Was very surprised how quickly McGregor ran out of gas. Mayweather clearly had a plan just to stand there and defend for a few rounds and then start to open up. Suits all sides really that as an early KO would have drew complaints from PPV customers etc

I don't see how any mcgregor fans can take any sort of moral victory from the fight. He was outclassed, looked totally lacking of any conditioning and boxing stamina, and was stopped.

Why are you playing they were doing it just for show angle?
It's absolute basic knowledge Conor gasses after 15 minutes, I said it, Randy Andy said it, a few others said it. It's nothing new or scripted.

Personally I think 155 lbs is Conor's natural weight, the excuse of 'he hasn't done many fights past 15 minutes at 170" is true but it was probably the correct gameplan.. How many rounds do you think Conor would of taken at Floyd's weight? Zero and an embarrassingly early stoppage is probably the best answer.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was very surprised how quickly McGregor ran out of gas. Mayweather clearly had a plan just to stand there and defend for a few rounds and then start to open up. Suits all sides really that as an early KO would have drew complaints from PPV customers etc

I don't see how any mcgregor fans can take any sort of moral victory from the fight. He was outclassed, looked totally lacking of any conditioning and boxing stamina, and was stopped.

They're fookin hilarious sh*ting on about how he went 10 rounds with one of the best boxers in the world
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

In the post-fight press conference he was plugging his own brand of Irish Whiskey.

If it's in the same price range and as nice as Jamesons I'm all for buying it tbh Cool

It goes down easy
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Imelda May is in bits FFS.
Bit like the palm of your hand
Ugh
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm

Bit like the palm of your hand
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

She's looking great since she got rid of that skunk on her head
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 6:07pm

She's looking great since she got rid of that skunk on her head
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I really don't get why people are saying "he held his own" sure Mayweather picked him off at ease when he wished? Mayweather toyed with him and predicted more or less down to a tee what the outcome would be and how he would achieve it....

Mayweather wasn't 1/20 on to knockout McGregor yet some people are saying Conor outlasted what the critics would say Confused

It was nothing more than an exhibition fight.

Imelda May saying it was the biggest Irish sporting event ever ffs LOL

Imelda May can say whatever she wants Heart

On a more serious note, Conor did overachieve, the maximum expectancy rate was about round 5, everyone who watched before knew he'd start gassing heavily so to last another 5 and land more punches than Manny Pacquiao did is a pass in my books.

The only thing which was overhyped is the fact Conor won the first 2 rounds, that's because Floyd let him!

I'd say there are posters of her gone up in your room since the weekend mate LOL

Would you not agree that with Mayweather vs Pacman that tactics from both camps were a lot different than what was on show in the Mayweather vs McGregor fight?

Also, I for one believe that Manny needed to fight Mayweather around his peak between 2008 - 2011?

What a fight it would have been back then imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 5:08pm
Is nobody shocked that this ended in a favourable outcome for everyone? Who could have predicted it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic