You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes, they have been atrocious.

Nah. The disallowed goal v Austria came from a Brady corner. And Duffy had a good header saved by the Georgian keeper from a Brady corner.

Whatever about the rest of his game, he's still dangerous from a set-piece.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:58pm

Outplayed by the bottom seeds and torn an absolute new one.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:07pm
http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/2017/09/midnight-plane-to-georgia.html

Blog on trip and game for those of you that enjoy them......
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

We hadnt a f**king clue what was going on when your one attacked you with them peacocks, thought it would go one of two ways LOL
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

We hadnt a f**king clue what was going on when your one attacked you with them peacocks, thought it would go one of two ways LOL

The young lad in front of me didn't realise you had to pay for the photos, let alone haggle and was getting into a row with your man, wouldn't give him a 50 note in case he got no change. Had to step in and smooth it over with the birds flapping away, ended to paying half it myself, was comical alright!
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 11:15pm
the booing and that doesn't bother me. fans pay good money and should be entitled to voice their opinions like anyone else and if they want to boo so be it. I didnt boo nor did I clap the players of after that display. they where dreadful and deserved no applause for the way they performed. a win on Tuesday and all will be forgiven.
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by YouGirlsInGreen YouGirlsInGreen wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king pathetic comments from some on here
+1. Some absolute dickheads on this forum.

Lads, can you blame some of the comments? Lads are emotionally/financially/personally invested in the team. That was pure and utter sh*te and it's all too common.

Can't wait for Tuesday when I've to arrange my professional and personal life to watch more of that dross.

Ps, MON is again being incredibly disrespectful to TOD here who has a right to ask the questions

No problem with the team being criticised. Do have a problem with some of the words like Treason being used and false comparisons being made to Liechtenstein in 1995

Posts coming in thick and fast so missed the "treason" post and/or similar.

Hope the travelling support have the best night of their lives because they f**king deserve it.
I don't mean to get personal but I'm sick and tired of comments like "I stopped watching at HT" and "why bother showing up next week". Yes, we were muck tonight and I'm extremely frustrated but Tuesday night we go again.

Agree. We were absolute muck, shocking, terrible etc etc. I was at the game tonight and it's definitely up there with the worst performance. But not close to the unbelievable spectacle at full time when the team walked towards the crowd clapping and 3 lads at fromy of crowd started booing sticking their fingers up and calling them all c**ts. When we objected we were told lads had paid their money and deserved to give their opinion. Never in all my years going have I been so ashamed. Absolutely disgraceful. I'm unbelievably disappointed but if I ever see that s**t again I'll knock them out.

To Tuesday.. and we go again.

Two sided to every story. That was me.

There was sizable boos from the crowd, not just me. I call nobody a **** but yeah in the heat of the moment I threw a few fingers. What can I say, we were awful, I paid a huge financial and personal amount on the line to get there, missing out on a house I wanted to buy to go, missing out on am old family member home from America to go. I expected them to at least try. Frustration boiled over and I shouldn't have reacted that way. So be it.

I'd three people in my face within seconds telling me to f**k off home, nothing else, no attempt at reasoning, no attempt to just tell me to cop on, nothing, pure vitriol was all

I apologised and asked what your friend wanted me to do after apologising and all he did was keep telling me to f**k off.

Do you think that was the best way to handle it from you end from you and the two others? Have you ever done something in the heat of the moment and regret it? Congrats if you haven't but you'd be the only person in the world.

In all of this someone pushed a disabled fan onto the ground, no attempt to pick him up or help him. No mention of that from you.

What do you think you achieved with all this? What would knocking me out do?  

Edit - just to add, I never once said about the money, the lads did when they came in after our disabled mate was pushed the the ground. I was just repeatedly told to f**k off, to get the f**k out and general other threats from yourself and two others.

No dialogue and no 'objections' other than being roared at to f**k off etc. You were all right in my face with all this. No need for it.

Rarely posts on this but felt I should give my few words, I was the disabled fan who was send flying to the ground when this started,the lads was clearly voicing there opinion and we'll within there right, people was more interested in having a pop at my mate then seen was I ok, I was already in enough pain after a long journey and on my feet for most of the game( till a few people at the front moved over so I can sit down) and this didn't help,didn't see many asking was I ok? Or help me up,Just continued to dish out abuse at my friends, great bunch of lads such was my experience I even said I'll have to start getting accessible tickets away from all my friends if I'm at risk like that at a match

I had a front row view of all of this and know some of the lads involved.
In as few words as possible:

-I dont agree with booing or abusing the team off but if you catch someone doing it you tap them on the shoulder and tell them to cop the f*ck on, not try and fight them.

-Sorry to say Vidic but you 100% called them c*nts

-Eire32, you getting knocked over was a complete accident but not justifiable. You were sitting in a low seat where the was a lot going on, doesn't make it your fault whatsoever but there was no malice in the fact that you ended up on the deck simply wrong place, wrong time.

-Also everyone pays their way to go to these matches so that argument is null.

-The wonky nosed f*ck in the 1916 shirt has a lot to answer for in this with his "f**k offs" and finger pointing. Vidic was totally passive once called up on his abuse and this drunk eejit came rattling in and simply wouldn't get out of his face shouting "f*ck off, f*ck off" and poking his finger right up in his face. Imo the main antagonist in a situation that was about to be easily defused.

In short don't abuse the team and don't go battering the head of your own fans? Simple enough?

Edited by GreenArmy! - 05 Sep 2017 at 11:33am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:13pm
Shocking behaviour.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
YouGirlsInGreen View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YouGirlsInGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 1:22pm
As you said 2 sides to every story. My friend was actually sitting next to yours for the match
She said he was using a crutch so presume that's same guy?
She said she actually helped him up afyer he was knocked and said one of the other lads ran down and swore at he... assume they thought she pushed him or something. So he was definitely helped I promise you that. As to the rest we were all wound up and you're right there was no need for the row afterwards you did apologise it just all escalated into madness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
  Share Topic