You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst LOI Ground?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 6:42pm
I hate going to oriel and finn park. Love drogs away shed. Tallaght has proper toilets etc but same as above its not somewhere id wanna go every 2 weeks. Galway is a decent ground too
Sponsored Links

1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 8:53pm
Limerick and their 2 golf stands and Standing areas, well they aren't terraces.

Best 3 - Cork, Sligo, Derry(Brandywell)

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:54pm
Wexford's place is awful. The location makes it worse.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:27pm
Has to be finn park. Ive see better haysheds out in the sticks.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:47pm
There were a lot of complaints from Waterford fans about toilets and general facilities in Tolka Park from game earlier in season. I haven't been to game there in a few years but even then I remember the toilets at one end of stadium were a disgrace and should be closed down. It's sad to see what was once one of Ireland's better grounds in such a poor state and it will be hosting Premier Division matches next season too when Bohs move there.
I think Wexford's ground is ok with a nice clubhouse but a good bit away from town centre on a country road.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:07am
Toilet situation in Turners Cross is like something out of Auschwitz.
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:32pm
Worst ground is oriel Pk, and the fact it passes the FAI test every year only shows up the FAI for what they are.
Some strong handed decisions are needed in the licence dept, to improve this league once and for all.

Edited by skinnymalinx - 29 May 2017 at 7:32pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Worst ground is oriel Pk, and the fact it passes the FAI test every year only shows up the FAI for what they are.
Some strong handed decisions are needed in the licence dept, to improve this league once and for all.

Just think of the clubs that wouldn't get a licence because of their stadium; Harps, Pats, Bray, Drogheda, Wexford, Dundalk. The only clubs that have good stadiums are clubs who don't own their stadiums.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:49pm

It can host Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round games
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Just think of the clubs that wouldn't get a licence because of their stadium; Harps, Pats, Bray, Drogheda, Wexford, Dundalk. The only clubs that have good stadiums are clubs who don't own their stadiums.
what on earth is wrong with Richmond? It's got two stands, proper paved terracing elsewhere and us adequate for pats'current needs. It is in no way comparable to oriel, Finn park or united park
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

what on earth is wrong with Richmond? It's got two stands, proper paved terracing elsewhere and us adequate for pats'current needs. It is in no way comparable to oriel, Finn park or united park

Richmond isn't that bad a ground, certainly not by league standards. United park is a kip.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Ya, I suppose for a club like St Pats it's alright but some clubs are trying to build their support.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:15pm
Ah yeah, nobody from anywhere, ever, has moved to an area and started going to watch the local football team.....
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 2:06am
Some clubs get fans to help put cleaning up and painting etc. In Oriel Park tonight there was a fully grown plant and thorn bush in the away end. The flood lights are been taken over by ivy. One day would get rid of this. It's not hard. Have another day of painting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic