You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using VPN away from home to make free calls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using VPN away from home to make free calls?
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:22pm
I actually have a VPN provider on my phone, and am able to watch iplayer without a problem... So connecting to a UK internet provider is easy.

Also, I do have a UK VOIP account, so when I have Wi-Fi I am able to use the VOIP account at 10p/min to the UK ... It would have been nice if I had a FREE option...

Is it possible to use the VPN to trick my Network provider by using VPN and then not being billed for my phone calls etc?

I know that most Networks have special apps allowing clients in the home country to use Wi-Fi when no network signal is available - Three has "In Touch" and EE has "WiFi Calling" - but a quick search shows that people that tried using them abroad got charged the full £2/min, even when having a VPN...

A FREE VOIP ACCOUNT WITH A FREE LANDLINE
Just in case you are not aware, you can easily have FREE use of a UK (or any other country's landline number) on your own mobile. Register with SipGate, below, choose your preferred city/code AND THEN download a VOIP APP for your mobile phone. Thus, when you are in a Wi-Fi area anywhere in the world, people can call your (UK landline) number and reach your mobile - free of charge, via your voip.
If you actually want to use the number (through your VOIP APP) to make calls, you will need to add credit and then calls to UK landlines are 1p/min and to UK mobile 10p/min etc. To ROI its 2p/min and 13p/min.

ENJOY - https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/signup

Edited by manulike - 28 Apr 2017 at 12:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic