You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Guardian Football Weekly Live at National Stadium
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guardian Football Weekly Live at National Stadium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Con Artist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guardian Football Weekly Live at National Stadium
    Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm

Football Weekly comes to The National Stadium for a night of spectacular end-of-season shenanigans on Wednesday 7 June. Join James Richardson, Barry Glendenning, Producer Ben, Amy Lawrence and - for his first time ever in the Dublin's fair city - Barney Ronay for a look back on the 2016/17 season and their tales of footballers behaving badly. Get your tickets now and hear why Football Weekly is the world's number one football podcast.

As a prologue to the evening, we present to you "Leddersford Confidential: Tackling the crime novels of Steve Bruce" with Seamas O'Reilly & Ken Early in conversation.

JAMES RICHARDSON
The legend of Football Italia, AC Jimbo has been the voice of the Guardian's award-winning Football Weekly podcast since it launched in 2006. He's also the host of the European Football Show and the Champions League Goal Show on BT Sport – as well as Channel 5's World's Strongest Man competition. Follow him @acjimbo

BARRY GLENDENNING
Birr's favourite son has been James' wingman on Football Weekly since the very beginning. A former music journalist, he is currently the Guardian website's deputy sports editor, and also co-hosts a Sunday morning show on TalkSport with Soccer AM's Max Rushden. Find him after the show at Copper Face Jacks. Follow him @bglendenning 

BARNEY RONAY
Barney is a senior sports writer for the Guardian and the author of 3 football books (Any Chance of a Game, The Manager, and Studs!). He's a former lawyer, and the 29th most influential sports writer on Twitter, apparently. Follow him @barneyronay

AMY LAWRENCE 
Amy is the Guardian's Gooner-in-chief, and the author of the Invincible: Inside Arsenal's Unbeaten 2003-4 season. Her voice is as smooth as a pint of Guinness. Follow her @amylawrence71

SEAMAS O'REILLY
Seamas is an Irish writer best known for internet nonsense. A regular contributor to the Irish Times, New Statesman and the Metro’s Rush Hour Crush page, his proudest role is as the world’s foremost authority on the novels of Steve Bruce whose books he has reviewed at length for both balls.ie and The Setpieces. Follow him at @shockproofbeats

KEN EARLY
Ken is an Irish journalist and broadcaster. He is currently a director of Second Captains and is a host of both Second Captains Podcast and the television show Second Captains Live on RTE 2. A regular columnist for the Irish Times, one of his earliest exposures to sport was as a member of the Templeogue Swimming Club. Follow him @kenearlys
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
"Smooth as a pint of Guinness"? Whatever about inserting a dodgy national stereotype into your marketing spiel, that women is about as smooth as industrial sandpaper. Her columns are trite, cliche-ridden and just badly written and she forced me to stop listening to an otherwise excellent podcast altogether.
I say otherwise, that isn't strictly true, Glendinning's deliberate ignorance had long gone past the stage where it was amusing too. You're a sports journalist 'Bazz', you are expected to know some basics.
Get Richardson, Ronay, Steinberg and any of Auclair, Honigstein, Lowe, Bandini, Wilson, Duarte, Horncastle or Bukawaski and you have a show.
And I didn't even mention Mick Wallace's lovechild. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Apr 2017 at 2:04pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:01pm
Mick Wallace's love child
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Con Artist Con Artist wrote:

SEAMAS O'REILLY
Seamas is an Irish writer best known for internet nonsense.
This has to be be SlurAlex !!!!!

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:33pm

Glendennings smug tone is a head melt. It's definitely worthy of getting him a good solid punch in the face. 
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Glendennings smug tone is a head melt. It's definitely worthy of getting him a good solid punch in the face. 

I think BG is a funny guy.
Cool

Edited by Double Maxim - 26 Apr 2017 at 5:03pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cool

BG seems to speak through his nose in the manner of the stereotypical English landed gentry class except he himself has a culchie accent. 

He used to do a bit of stand up apparently so his style can veer towards comic. He is not my cup of tea anyway. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:15pm

Cool

BG seems to speak through his nose in the manner of the stereotypical English landed gentry class except he himself has a culchie accent. 

He used to do a bit of stand up apparently so his style can veer towards comic. He is not my cup of tea anyway. 

He's from Cork and his sense of humour reminds me of pre madonnas.
Cool
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:21pm

Cool

Cool

From Cork?  Could have sworn Birr was in Offaly

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:25pm

Cool

Cool

Ah feck you DM, I'm very impressionable so I'll be reading all Pre Madonna's posts in BG's voice now. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:51pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Cool

Cool

From Cork?  Could have sworn Birr was in Offaly

Sorry you are right he was born in Birr that will teach me to believe English newspapers!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm

Cool

Cool
He is from Offaly and I am Offaly offended, the man is a tool. He does no research and gets away with it by covering it would bad humour.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic