You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Republic of Ireland manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: Who will be the next permanent Republic of Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [26.47%]
1 [1.47%]
34 [50.00%]
8 [11.76%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [7.35%]
2 [2.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:30pm
Jesus no please not Brendan Brent Rodgers. Would take Michael O'Neill in a heartbeat over Rodgers anyway.

Couldn't stand listening to him and we'd concede left right and centre. We need a more cautious pragmatic manager to replace O'Neill.

I've great time for McCarthy but would prefer a manager who makes us difficult to beat especially away from home and O'Neill has done that. We're also managing games better under O'Neill in that we may be flat in the early parts of matches but we generally seem to finish strong and look more likely to score. I don'rt ever remember an Ireland team doing that. We were always the more likely to concede a late goal after a good battling performance.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

To be honest I hope O Neill stays but if he wanted to go I think Hughton is the stand out of the names mentioned if he wanted it. What bout Neil Lennon. Disaster at Bolton but otherwise has a good record and would certainly bring passion
no way neil lennon. Too big a job for him.

even tho i am a celtic man no thanks

Royston of Keane please but get to Russia and have a good tournament Martin might just give us the Euros in 2020
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:10pm
I'd take Lenny or Rodgers over Keane anyway.

I never want to see Keane as manager. Just not good enough, and walked out on his country when we need him the most.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:13pm
Came back within a couple of hours and was then sent home but why let facts get in the way

Edited by Denis Irwin - 28 Apr 2017 at 5:13pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Came back within a couple of hours and was then sent home but why let facts get in the way

meh.

He got in a huff because the pitch wasn't good enough, instead of trying to get the situation resolve, he stormed off.

He has had issues with loads of players, his treatment of Walters was a disgrace.

He's a lose cannon and I just wouldn't trust him.

That, and he's just a sh*t manager.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:16pm

Irwin do you think Roy Keane's commitment/attitude to the national team was poor at times?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 6:33pm
I don't think Roy Keane and his attitude to the national team has been discussed enough on here.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't think Roy Keane and his attitude to the national team has been discussed enough on here.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Honest question but where's the evidence he's a sh*t manager?
Sunderland's most successful in recent times, struggled at Ipswich alright but look at Mick Mac, does that also make him a sh*t manager?

There's a good interview recent from Galway's Ronan Murray about what he's like as Manager, he's really, like really strict with Irish players but it's more of a wants them to do well rather than act like a twat but actually more lenient with other players of different nationalities.

Edited by coyne - 28 Apr 2017 at 7:36pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Honest question but where's the evidence he's a sh*t manager?
Sunderland's most successful in recent times, struggled at Ipswich alright but look at Mick Mac, does that also make him a sh*t manager?

There's a good interview recent from Galway's Ronan Murray about what he's like as Manager, he's really, like really strict with Irish players but it's more of a wants them to do well rather than act like a twat but actually more lenient with other players of different nationalities.
Massive difference between Roy's time at Ipswich and Mick's, Mick has one of the smallest budgets in the division and has them above where their budget would place them. Keane had a far bigger budget there and was able to bring in the players he wanted and keep his best ones, they were expecting a promotion challenge and he was no nearer than Mick was.

Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:18pm
Maybe Roy's a different man than he was then? Headstrong passion to logical progression (II)?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm
I think a JD led FAI would keep Royston at arms length. Nothing to do with his managerial abilities or lack of, just to stay on the safe side of things. They wouldn't chance it in case of a public row with him, which they wouldn't win, and probably wouldn't have the balls to sack him either if things were going wrong, so to avoid either of those situations, they will appoint more or less anyone else. Maybe not Brian Kerr though. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic