Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : The Coaches Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SKB tournament 14th to 16th April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:35pm
Yes they don’t play a whole lot of football. They like to get the ball forward quickly
They have 3 attacking players with pace,power   They like to get it up to them,and they cause serious damage.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes they don’t play a whole lot of football. They like to get the ball forward quickly
They have 3 attacking players with pace,power   They like to get it up to them,and they cause serious damage.

Now, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing a load of kids or their coaches here! However, what you're talking about above doesn't fill me with confidence. These are the elite players in Ireland at their age group and the system they have is to punt it forward and let the fact that they have better quality players in their team dictate how things go from there. It's really just playing the percentages. What happens when the lads get older and want to make the step to LOI, UK or international football and there are other players who are equally good but have better game intelligence and are used to playing various passing systems? 

Again, I have only seen these lads play a couple of games so maybe I'm being harsh here.
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:42am
No they are not a long ball team,that is harsh on them.
Did you see the goal that went viral recently from them?
From tip off,ball goes back to keeper,they work it forward and score?
Was on sky sports etc. excellent team goal
The no10 scored it. He also scored a ‘scorpion kick’ before that from a corner that went viral!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

No they are not a long ball team,that is harsh on them.
Did you see the goal that went viral recently from them?
From tip off,ball goes back to keeper,they work it forward and score?
Was on sky sports etc. excellent team goal
The no10 scored it. He also scored a ‘scorpion kick’ before that from a corner that went viral!

I did see that goal that went viral. I wasn't sure which Kevins team it was. That was absolutely fantastic and brilliant to watch. 

I'll take your steer on this BSM as you've seen them regularly which I haven't and the final of the Academy cup against Barca was probably the wrong game to judge them on. They played some decent ball against West Brom in the semi.  
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic