You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Dublin derby has least amount of hatred?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Dublin derby has least amount of hatred?
    Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:15pm
Hard to judge when your own club is not involved, but I suspect pats against boez might be the dublin derby with the least amount of hatred.

Maybe there's less hatred these days against Shels since Ollie died, since he would have been the source of a lot of hatred.

There's always hatred in rovers v boez and rovers v pats, and in certain periods there was proper hatred in pats v shels and boez v shels but boez v pats always seems to me on the outside at least, to be a run of the mill game.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:19pm
UCD v Cabinteely??
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

UCD v Cabinteely??
The south side El Clasico.
So fierce and full of hatred no more than 200 people are ever allowed attend.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Hard to judge when your own club is not involved, but I suspect pats against boez might be the dublin derby with the least amount of hatred.

Maybe there's less hatred these days against Shels since Ollie died, since he would have been the source of a lot of hatred.

There's always hatred in rovers v boez and rovers v pats, and in certain periods there was proper hatred in pats v shels and boez v shels but boez v pats always seems to me on the outside at least, to be a run of the mill game.
would agree that our relationship with bohs has always been more to do with footballing matters more than bad blood between the clubs. For years there was no segregation at games
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

would agree that our relationship with bohs has always been more to do with footballing matters more than bad blood between the clubs. For years there was no segregation at games

Few Pats fans in the phoenix bar after the match as well without any hassle on Friday.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
Pats v Shels burned bright in the 90s and naughties. Question for fans of the clubs, does it matter any more?

Personally Pats means very little to me but it's as big as Bohs to some Rovers fans. Interesting that Pats and Bohs is relatively tame. It helps that they have had limited overlap of successful periods
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Pats v Shels burned bright in the 90s and naughties. Question for fans of the clubs, does it matter any more?

Personally Pats means very little to me but it's as big as Bohs to some Rovers fans. Interesting that Pats and Bohs is relatively tame. It helps that they have had limited overlap of successful periods

I despise shels myself and chuckle every time I look at the FD table.

The bohs game has the least Hate but I think you may have a point it's rare both clubs are challenging for the same things at the same time. 2007/2008 there was a bit creeping in.

Don't get me wrong though I dont like bohs either and hope they go down this year myself
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:24pm
Old Wesley vs Clontarf
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

UCD v Cabinteely??
The south side El Clasico.
So fierce and full of hatred no more than 200 people are ever allowed attend.
LOL
danger_here View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 11:40pm
I do remember one hairy game between Bohs and Pats in Dailymount around 95 or 96 where loads of scummers from the shed ran towards the Pats section on the old terrace opposite the main stand after the final whistle. Only time I remember anything bad with Bohs but it was fairly full on at the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic