You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kieran O'Hara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 10:37pm
Blackburn tried to sign Jon McLoughlin from Sunderland before Rangers got him so they're definitely in the market for a goalkeeper who's not going to cost them a transfer fee. It would be a good move for O'Hara, they're a strong enough side and could make the play-offs.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:51am
Has trained with Shrewsbury and trialed with Swindon; links with Blackburn described as tenuous.

This article suggests that League One is his ceiling.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:11am
Shrewsbury still have Joe Murphy I think, though he's near 40 now and they brought in Max O'Leary on loan ahead of him. Max might get a chance in the Bristol City first team, if so he would be another Irish option. O'Hara should look for better than League 1 at this stage of his career. Fairly scathing assessment of him in the article, others may have a different view.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Shrewsbury still have Joe Murphy I think, though he's near 40 now and they brought in Max O'Leary on loan ahead of him. Max might get a chance in the Bristol City first team, if so he would be another Irish option. O'Hara should look for better than League 1 at this stage of his career. Fairly scathing assessment of him in the article, others may have a different view.
But again it must be fairly obvious that he might have to accept that this is the best he can do. Irish fans online might have a higher opinion of all these lads, but that doesn't seem to tally with the clubs interested in them. 
If he, or the likes of O'Connor, are that good there will be a host of better clubs in for them in 12 months...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:22am
I think this is a different situation to O'Connor to be fair, O'Connor is a player who has made poor club choices, especially in going to Celtic, and has suffered as a result. The only positive is that it will be a lesson for other young Irish players when they get that option in future - they will know not to go to Celtic hopefully.

The article quoted on O'Hara is probably just a realistic viewpoint of where he is at, given his age. He may step up in future, but I think League 1 is his level for now.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:42am
O'Connor has been a disappointment at Celtic. It would appear he is nowhere near the level required and had a poor loan spell in the second tier in Scotland. He can still turn it around but there is a reason he is at Tranmere.
The hyperbole on here is incredible, even when considering the over-the-top reaction of football fans. Troy Parrott should score 25 goals next season despite never making a league start. He should also retire because his friend has a father who is dodgy and bought a car. 
Kieran O'Hara should be getting a move much higher than the only clubs who want to sign him and Lee O'Connor should throw the toys out of the pram because he hasn't been good enough for the club that signed him.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:09am
A lot of emerging Irish players tend to be massively overhyped on here, its always been the way, usually based on reserve or lower league appearances that nobody has ever seen, so easy to distort their personal impact to say they are excelling when in fact that is not the case because there is nobody watching to contradict it. Playing in a foreign league - Bulgaria, Slovakia, Poland,  etc is another useful way to create this narrative for those who like to create their agenda. 
At least with the likes of Connolly making his way in the Premier league you can see first hand his potential, as well as his struggles, though even then many will see through their green tinted specs and make him out to be the star player in the team when he's not touched the ball all game.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:37am
O'Hara hasn't yet shown enough to suggest he's more than a L1 keeper. There's no point in him going to a Championship side and sitting on the bench all season. Another year playing regularly in L1 is the best thing for him. It's not as if he's in a rush, still loads of time for him to move up the ladder as a goalkeeper.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

O'Connor has been a disappointment at Celtic. It would appear he is nowhere near the level required and had a poor loan spell in the second tier in Scotland. He can still turn it around but there is a reason he is at Tranmere.
The hyperbole on here is incredible, even when considering the over-the-top reaction of football fans. Troy Parrott should score 25 goals next season despite never making a league start. He should also retire because his friend has a father who is dodgy and bought a car. 
Kieran O'Hara should be getting a move much higher than the only clubs who want to sign him and Lee O'Connor should throw the toys out of the pram because he hasn't been good enough for the club that signed him.

Your bang on we do obviously overhype our own and the talent around the 21s/19s is only serving to excelerate that.
I strongly disagree with the Celtic comments as the 5 lads up there really have no hope besides getting out. O’Connor is a prime example in that him getting 30-40 at a decent League 2 side is far better for him then being at Celtic stuck playing kids football. I have no issue with him going to Tranmere they will be pushing for promotion for League 2 and the lad is only turned 20 he has plenty time to move up the ladder which he will if good enough at him and O’Haras ages playing men’s football even if only at League 1 or 2 is the name of the game.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I strongly disagree with the Celtic comments as the 5 lads up there really have no hope besides getting out. O’Connor is a prime example in that him getting 30-40 at a decent League 2 side is far better for him then being at Celtic stuck playing kids football. I have no issue with him going to Tranmere they will be pushing for promotion for League 2 and the lad is only turned 20 he has plenty time to move up the ladder which he will if good enough at him and O’Haras ages playing men’s football even if only at League 1 or 2 is the name of the game.

Yep, we can hype players all day who have yet to really do anything.
Best to get these lads playing senior football somewhere and then we can see their potential.
If Parrott or Idah play lots of games this season and flop, well, that's a good indication they were massively over-hyped.
Same with O'Connor and O'Hara here.

The best way to shut us all up with the hype is for us all to see these lads actually play regularly.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Yep, we can hype players all day who have yet to really do anything.
Best to get these lads playing senior football somewhere and then we can see their potential.
If Parrott or Idah play lots of games this season and flop, well, that's a good indication they were massively over-hyped.
Same with O'Connor and O'Hara here.

The best way to shut us all up with the hype is for us all to see these lads actually play regularly.

Bang on young players learn by going out and playing men’s football the level is irrelevant the first 2/3 years from 18-21. 
That’s another thing if Parrott or Idah let’s say don’t catch fire or flop that doesn’t mean they are to be written off at 18/19. they still are young they could end up still being outstanding down the line and vice versa they could rip it up score 20 goals and have everyone thinking they will be top class and could be back playing League 1 by 26. This season is important for them for games to get rolling but it won’t define their careers. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
Very strange he hasn't a club yet 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Very strange he hasn't a club yet 
Maybe the biting incident is a factor.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 5:27pm
Never did Hannibal Lecter any harm. He sat out training with Ireland ' as a precaution ', so I assume he must be carrying some sort of injury. Lockjaw, maybe. As he is a free agent he can presumably sign for a new club anytime.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:01pm
Dropped by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:29am
Signs a one year contract with Colchester in League 2. He's 26 now so needs this move to be a success if he is going to continue as a keeper in the football league. Looking very unlikely that he'll add to his couple of Ireland caps at this stage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic