Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Week 1 Chat, Comments and Abuse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I just saw Burke's sending off, the whole thing is comical. What on earth was he shocked about? Why were the Shamrock fans clapping him off? I think it is pretty clear why Nolan wanted him out of Meadow Lane.LOL
Because for tbe first time in too long we have a group of players who stood up to the hackers of Dundalk. Yes it was a mental tackle and a stupid sending off right after scoring, but the enthusiasm and spirit is strong.

LOLLOLLOLLOL I can always trust in you to cheer me up.
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I just saw Burke's sending off, the whole thing is comical. What on earth was he shocked about? Why were the Shamrock fans clapping him off? I think it is pretty clear why Nolan wanted him out of Meadow Lane.LOL
Because for tbe first time in too long we have a group of players who stood up to the hackers of Dundalk. Yes it was a mental tackle and a stupid sending off right after scoring, but the enthusiasm and spirit is strong.

LOLLOLLOLLOL I can always trust in you to cheer me up.

Genuinely I have mixed feelings. Gillin Brennan got sent off for dissent and kicking the ball away. 2017 and he is stamping on a scumbag and following up with a rape attempt. If we can reign in that enthusiasm etc

Edited by roverstillidie - 25 Feb 2017 at 4:54pm
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Anybody  have official attendances, out of curiosity! If they aren't good at the start then we may as well pack it in!
Home teams first:

Dundalk v Shams - 4,746
Bohs V Derry - 2170
Galway V Drogheda - 2,113
Limerick v Sligo Rovers 2,357
Harps V Cork - 1,845
Pat's v Bray - 1,722

Shelbourne v Longford Town 779
None of the other FD clubs put up their attendances but presumably Shels` gate wasn't the worst.
Cheers, is that a sell-out at Oriel? Most teams up on last year which can only be a good thing although hardly anything to be excited by either.
Ya i think it was, having seen a few highlights its hard to think they`d have gotten many more into the ground.
There was an evening with Roy Keane in Letterkenny that 1,000 people showed up to, so that probably shaved a couple of hundred off the Harps attendance.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:36pm
i thought bray were very good. they played some nice football only for the final ball to let them down.
cup champions
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Surprised to see so much bad feeling between meenan and finn and their old team mates. Hard to think they were team mates just a few months ago. Seemed strange to me. And what was the deal with one of the shams players not having the pepper sponser on his shirt. Looked unprofesional.
The lads in Ali express fcked up a some of jerseys
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:51pm

Shamrocks Rovers away jersey Heart Class

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:56pm
Would you ever stop they look like a dynorod emergency call out.awful.our away is similarly shoite and derrys the other night?oh dear bring back the old argentina strip please!
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Would you ever stop they look like a dynorod emergency call out.awful.our away is similarly shoite and derrys the other night?oh dear bring back the old argentina strip please!

I like our away. Can't understand the love for the Cork kit - its decent enough but Galway home kit the pick of the bunch IMO
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

agree
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Still robbing Celtic shirts.

Finn Harps' jersey is the best that I have seen.

Edited by pre Madonna - 26 Feb 2017 at 11:41pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 4:25pm
Anyone at the Pats game? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Anyone at the Pats game? 

Yeap, check in to the Pats thread for the views on the game. Short synopsis is that Pats were very poor in first half and although Bray had the better of the game, Saints were unlucky not to take a point as they had two goals disallowed (one looked highly controversial). 
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 4:43pm
I did after I posted it up Big smile 

Me brain no function good day after weekend
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

13 pubs in my town and not one showing the match everyone glued to Munster game till they started loosing
You visited 13 different pubs in a 2 hour window?

Only 3 had Bt/Eir sport Embarrassed

Managed to see the second half in the ever reliable Pa Powers
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic