You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mexico - 1st June - Travel/Accomm/General chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:25pm
The stadium can be awkward to reach albeit the transport links are good.

I'll be walking distance from Penn Station so going from there.  

There is nothing out in the surrounding area.  Stadium food in the U.S. in general is way overpriced and variable quality.  

I assume travelling fans will most likely be coming from Manhattan.

Here are my notes on getting there

How do I get to the Stadium?

2.       Take subway lines to 34 St-Penn Station.

o   Go to any NJ Transit station clerk or Ticket Vending Machine, and buy a round trip ticket to Meadowlands Station.

o   Look on the departure boards for the next NJ Transit train that stops at Secaucus Junction Station. The screen will say "SEC" next to the line name.

o   Board that train and ride it to Secaucus Junction, and then use your ticket to transfer via the escalators to the Meadowlands Service.

How much does the Meadowlands Service ride cost?

·        Penn Station to Meadowlands Station is $7.75 per person for an off-peak round-trip ticket.

How often do trains run to the stadium?

·        There are three trains from Penn Station in the first 15 minutes of each hour to Secaucus Junction, and the ride is about 12 minutes. From Secaucus, the ride to the Stadium is about 10 minutes.

Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Humpy Gussy Humpy Gussy wrote:

That sounds like a great deal actually. No worries about transport, getting there with good time to tailgate and all you can eat/drink. 
Drinking in a bar + transport would easily hit that with tipping and tax and all that shi te. 
Unless it turns out to be some joke shop operation then it sounds like the makings of a great day!
Presuming it's not the FAI organising it, I'd say you should be grand. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 26 May 2017 at 1:53pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
MikeyBoy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:45pm
Just to warn you guys, I work in NYC and penn station is an absolute sh*tshow right now. Half hour delays during rush hour every single day so give yourselves a little extra time. The connection you make at Secaucus Junction is easy enough. They'll have signs and plenty of announcements. You're looking at about $10 round trip from Penn to the Meadowlands. There's nothing around the stadium itself and you're looking at $13 a pop for a beer so drink as much as you can before hand. If you're not looking to do the trip I know myself and several of my buddies will be tailgating before hand. Just bring some food or beer along.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 12:37pm
Ffs I know of lads who dropped €100 a night in Moldova, dont know how. But $100 for food, drink and transport seems good to me.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Ffs I know of lads who dropped €100 a night in Moldova, dont know how. But $100 for food, drink and transport seems good to me.
Hookers and Drugs should do it Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 9:45pm
I am soooooo jealous of you guys!

The sexiest away friendlies we had (last year) was Stockholm (June) and Kiev (in mid winter).

Cookie does not believe in friendlies ...
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:43pm
Which bar is that going from
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic