You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Places you have no interest in going to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Wrexham 
Was there in 91 for the 3-1 win in the snow immortalised by Dunphy (I think) referring to Welsh centre half Eric Young as being like Bambi on ice...one of my favourite away trips. Average enough town from what I remember, they tried to close the pubs on match day but some of the local publicans weren't having it. Remember the place we were in selling bottles of Diamond White cider for 80p a bottle, needed plenty of it to keep you warm, it was f**kin baltic..

Diamond white - jeez there is a blast from the past , made ones who drank Bacardi breezers all sophisticated 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 7:30am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Rex ham or anywhere in Wales really LOL
Very ignorant response. Some lovely spots in Wales. Had the pleasure in staying in Snowdonia a few years back. Beautiful part of the world.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Very ignorant response. Some lovely spots in Wales. Had the pleasure in staying in Snowdonia a few years back. Beautiful part of the world.

Spent a weekend in Aberystwyth a number of years ago. Was a decent enough spot from what I remember. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 10:42am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Spent a weekend in Aberystwyth a number of years ago. Was a decent enough spot from what I remember. 

I go to Wales quite often, it's a beautiful country. The larger towns can a be bit run down and dull but some of the towns on the coast, snowdonia etc are unreal.
Chips don't bounce
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 11:22am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Couldn't pay me to go to Dubai, looks so depressing.
Good for a few days but that's about it. JoBurg in South Africa looks like a right s*it hole, derelict high rise buildings in the former financial district is a bit odd.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 11:59am

Edited by counterlock - 25 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I go to Wales quite often, it's a beautiful country. The larger towns can a be bit run down and dull but some of the towns on the coast, snowdonia etc are unreal.
Thats Britain Pretty much all over, run down and depressing, with some exceptions. Chester is a lovely little city. Always enjoyed myself in Wrexham too albeit its more ‘working class’, but i prefer that over dealing with pretentious ****s you get in ‘classier’ places.

I always enjoy The drive from Holyhead along the A55 to Chester too, particularly on a clear day. The A road over Snowdonia is unreal also. After the Wales match (McCleans goal) we had to go via local routes to Birmingham as there was a major incident on the Motorway. Have no idea where we went through but they were beautiful villages. We made a pit stop in a pub that wasn’t quite opened yet as it was being refurbished. Owner had no problem letting use the loo or giving us a couple of pints even though the tradies were finishing off the fittings. Great craic and could have stayed there all day only for the flight home.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 4:58pm

Thats Britain Pretty much all over, run down and depressing, with some exceptions. Chester is a lovely little city. Always enjoyed myself in Wrexham too albeit its more ‘working class’, but i prefer that over dealing with pretentious ****s you get in ‘classier’ places.

I always enjoy The drive from Holyhead along the A55 to Chester too, particularly on a clear day. The A road over Snowdonia is unreal also. After the Wales match (McCleans goal) we had to go via local routes to Birmingham as there was a major incident on the Motorway. Have no idea where we went through but they were beautiful villages. We made a pit stop in a pub that wasn’t quite opened yet as it was being refurbished. Owner had no problem letting use the loo or giving us a couple of pints even though the tradies were finishing off the fittings. Great craic and could have stayed there all day only for the flight home.

Any recommendations for pubs / restaurants in Chester ? Will be spending a bit of time there 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Couldn't pay me to go to Dubai, looks so depressing.
Good for a few days but that's about it. JoBurg in South Africa looks like a right s*it hole, derelict high rise buildings in the former financial district is a bit odd.

I was in JoBurg. 

The people who live and own houses, they lock themselves in, houses are all boarded up from the inside. Mad looking.

It's just extremely dangerous. We were advised\warned not to leave the hostel without a guide.

Some black dude picked us up from the airport or outside the airport driving a Ute with a vice grips as a steeling wheel and was supping on a bottle of beer from what I recall. 20 years now.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 7:51am

Any recommendations for pubs / restaurants in Chester ? Will be spending a bit of time there 
The Square Bottle is a must for the likes of yourself who enjoys the finer things in life. Its been a few years since ive been there so Flanno would be a better source of up to date info. I usually just got a taxi in from the hotel for a few beers and rarely ate as meals were on the company in the hotel.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:07am
Ta 

Edit - ffs the Mc Donald’s of pubs 

Edited by Newryrep - 26 Apr 2023 at 9:38am
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:49am

Old dukes is a good spot - a bit on expensive side, but good. 

The Dublin packet is cheaper, a bit more rough around the edges, but can be good craic.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 12:39pm
thanks will check out 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic