You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frexit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Landon take a break for a few days Thumbs Up

Clap only saw the second comment in my email now.
only in from the pub and spotted the complaints. Fine work Bob..fine work
Challenging for your title of 'the people's mod'.

Edited by pre Madonna - 08 May 2017 at 12:35am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Landon take a break for a few days Thumbs Up

Clap only saw the second comment in my email now.
only in from the pub and spotted the complaints. Fine work Bob..fine work

Challenging for your title of 'the people's mod'.

lets not get too carried away now PM
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:17am
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/leaveeu-emmanuel-macron-victory-french-presidental-election-french-surrender-second-world-war-arron-a7723341.html

Yes Nigel, France not electing a Fascist is exactly the same as surrendering to Fascists in WWII 🤔🤔🤔
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:32am
looks like landy had a bit of meltdown last night LOLLOL

so remind us which country "you're" taking next?

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

looks like landy had a bit of meltdown last night LOLLOL

so remind us which country "you're" taking next?

You could say he was "triggered" as his Alt Right buddies like to say
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@adamboultonSKY
Already signs that a UKIP style civil war isbreaking out in Front National. Marine V father & niece. #Presidentielle2017

adam boulton about a year or two late on this one...marine and marion have been feuding for quite a while. also marine kicked jean-marie out of the FN party (although he kept his honorary president status) and the two haven't seen eye-to-eye in ages. sure in the republican primaries, jean-marie spoke out about how Sarkozy now held a manifesto that he agreed with and that his own daughter was too extreme

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:26pm
Hopefully he works out as a decent president - He's very pro Europe so he might help in that respect.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
WillieMaley View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:40pm

Hopefully he works out as a decent president - He's very pro Europe so he might help in that respect.

He intends to make Brexit, a complete and utter disaster. Should be fun to watch, popcorn at the ready.
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:08pm
http://www.france24.com/en/20170428-macron-pledges-sanctions-against-poland-elected

Supporting sanctions on a country for refusing to take refugees?  Confused

This is where I have a problem with Macron and the EU in general.  Poland is a sovereign nation, sanctioning them for not opening their borders is disgusting.

Edited by Keano2000 - 08 May 2017 at 6:13pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Keano2000 Keano2000 wrote:

http://www.france24.com/en/20170428-macron-pledges-sanctions-against-poland-elected

This is where I have a problem with Macron and the EU in general.  Poland is a sovereign nation, sanctioning them for not opening their borders is disgusting.

tough sh*t! If they want to be in the EU then they need to abide by the rules governing the EU. Every member has a responsibility to take in their fair share of refugees. We are a union afterall. Besides they voted to accept their share of refugees in 2015*. It isn't ok that now the deeply conservative right wing government has decided to throw their toys out of the pram.

*Shameful that we followed the Brits and Denmark in using our veto.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

tough sh*t! If they want to be in the EU then they need to abide by the rules governing the EU. Every member has a responsibility to take in their fair share of refugees. We are a union afterall. Besides they voted to accept their share of refugees in 2015*. It isn't ok that now the deeply conservative right wing government has decided to throw their toys out of the pram.

This is why I'm a eurosceptic.  The main idea behind forming the EU was trade, economic cooperation between countries following WW2 as well as helping to maintain peace.  The EU should not have the power to decide who can enter sovereign countries, and definitely not the power to FORCE countries to let people in.  That is the job of elected governments, not bureaucrats in Brussels.

Edited by Keano2000 - 08 May 2017 at 6:56pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:26pm

This is why I'm a eurosceptic. The main idea behind forming the EU was trade, economic cooperation between countries following WW2 as well as helping to maintain peace.  The EU should not have the power to decide who can enter sovereign countries, and definitely not the power to FORCE countries to let people in.  That is the job of elected governments, not bureaucrats in Brussels.

Ah here you must be living on cloud cuckoo land if you think Ireland would be better off outside the EU. Ever hear of 1950's Ireland? We'd quickly head in that direction were we to pull out. 20% of the Irish workforce is either directly or indirectly employed by FDI companies. Many of whom are in Ireland because of the access to the EU marketplace the state's membership of the EU affords. Agriculture wouldn't be viable decimating rural Ireland. I could go on and on but it such a ludicrous idea I won't bother.

The EU started off quite rightly as an economic union however it has evolved into a political union and Irish citizens voted and passed every referenda (one of the few states that allow for it) including the Lisbon treaty which enshrined human rights into EU law. Poland was one of those countries which accepted Lisbon as well. If they don't like the rules of the club they agreed to then tough sh*t there'll be consequences.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:13pm

This is why I'm a eurosceptic. The main idea behind forming the EU was trade, economic cooperation between countries following WW2 as well as helping to maintain peace.  The EU should not have the power to decide who can enter sovereign countries, and definitely not the power to FORCE countries to let people in.  That is the job of elected governments, not bureaucrats in Brussels.

Ah here you must be living on cloud cuckoo land if you think Ireland would be better off outside the EU. Ever hear of 1950's Ireland? We'd quickly head in that direction were we to pull out. 20% of the Irish workforce is either directly or indirectly employed by FDI companies. Many of whom are in Ireland because of the access to the EU marketplace the state's membership of the EU affords. Agriculture wouldn't be viable decimating rural Ireland. I could go on and on but it such a ludicrous idea I won't bother.

The EU started off quite rightly as an economic union however it has evolved into a political union and Irish citizens voted and passed every referenda (one of the few states that allow for it) including the Lisbon treaty which enshrined human rights into EU law. Poland was one of those countries which accepted Lisbon as well. If they don't like the rules of the club they agreed to then tough sh*t there'll be consequences.
I said that I'm a eurosceptic, not that I support Ireland leaving the EU.  I understand it's probably not economically viable for us to do so.

I believe the EU needs complete reform.

Edited by Keano2000 - 08 May 2017 at 9:14pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:23pm

Ireland chose to take refugees but we took them from Lebanon and Turkey. I think there are/were plans to take some from Italy and Greece.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Ireland chose to take refugees but we took them from Lebanon and Turkey. I think there are/were plans to take some from Italy and Greece.
I hadn't realised things were so bad in Italy.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I hadn't realised things were so bad in Italy.

All joking aside, youth unemployment is 75% in the south.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic