Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connor Ronan (Wolves)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

A good friend knows his family and apparently when he met with the English squad the only talk was if cars and money while with the Irish lads it was the pride of playing for their country.

He fits in with us and is fully committed, has no interest in England.

Exact same kind of chat I had to Anthony Scully (Born in England, father a true Dub) of West Ham.
Said there is way more unity with Ireland
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

As if it matters where a guy is born. The vast majority of our players are trained up through British academies regardless of whether they are born in Ireland or not. Ronan has been playing for us since U-17 level anyway, so he arguably has more of a claim to being trained up through the FAI structure than some of the Irish-born players in our squad...

Exactly,

I see no reason why we should ever not be active in scouting young players who are fully entitled to represent Ireland.

Also, it's the not the Connor Ronan's of this world who I'd be wondering what he truly feels about representing Ireland, its the English born 26/27/28 year old's who only decide to declare for us when they know they have f**k all chance of playing with England. 
Connor Ronan's what? I'm on tenterhooks to see what word was omitted! 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

A good friend knows his family and apparently when he met with the English squad the only talk was if cars and money while with the Irish lads it was the pride of playing for their country.

Didn't realise he had been involved with the English set up.
If he is committed to us why the fcuk did he even shown up in an English camp .....Grealish mark 2.

He was called up to England's under 17's before he was called up to Ireland's squad AFAIK 

Edited by Green Devil - 28 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Didn't realise he had been involved with the English set up.
If he is committed to us why the fcuk did he even shown up in an English camp .....Grealish mark 2.

Complete opposite, yes born in England, and he was called up for them and then for us, he went and played  couple of times for England before his call up for us, and wants to be a part of our set up.The talk of riches and cars did not interest him, where as the pride in our country and team spirit did.

Remember a certain Derry lad played with the Nordies underage, and is on eor our most committed players.
I know nothing :-)
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:25pm
Started for Portsmouth today to make his league debut, having also started their EFL Trophy match with Chelsea U-21 during the week.

Played well by all accounts.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Started for Portsmouth today to make his league debut, having also started their EFL Trophy match with Chelsea U-21 during the week.

Played well by all accounts.

Yes. MOTM yesterday.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 2:30pm
Not starting for Pompey today, but has enjoyed a decent spell on loan.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in and around the Wolves squad next season, and would fancy him to get a few games if he doesn’t leave on loan.

According to Wiki, he played for England at under-17’s level, before switching to us. Would I be right in saying that he can’t switch back to England, seeing as under-17 is a FIFA recognized age level? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:01pm
Depends whether the appearances were competitive or not. I was under the impression he could switch back.
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by black pearl black pearl wrote:

i would be amazed  if he is in the wolves squad next season..nowhere near ready for the premiership yet...not ready for the championship hence  his loan move to Portsmouth 

Played a few times for Wolves in the Championship, the general consensus is that he impressed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic