FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCensorship on YBIG ROI forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Censorship on YBIG ROI forum
    Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:55pm
I started a thread here just wondering why we never tried to involve Conor Washington, a striker playing regularly in the championship.  Not a super-important topic or anything, but interesting to those interested in recruitment to the ROI team.

Of course, some users disagreed with the premise, as is their right.  Disagreeing about issues in Irish football is part of the point of forums like this.  

However, they said they were complaining to the Mods to get the topic locked. The Mods locked it.  No one can express a view on this now.  

No offensive or abusive language used.  The topic relates to ROI's recruitment and so rightfully belongs in the ROI section.  If people don't want to read it, they don't have to open it.  

However, the powers that be on here just decided they didn't want this topic discussed.

A bit ridiculous to be censoring fans on here just because they disagree with the views of those that run the forum.  

Particularly when YBIG (rightfully) gets angry about the FAI trying to censor fans with banners at matches.  

It would be a lot better if the forum would allow all views - not just those that agree with the views of the Mods.  Don't censor, so long as they're not abuse, incitement to hatred etc.  

Lads, if you only want to accept views of those that agree with you and censor everyone else - it's going to be a pretty useless forum - just an echo chamber for yourselves.  It's not going to be representative of those of us that support the Irish team at home and abroad.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:58pm
Its very simple, Conor Washington does not play for the ROI so you start a thread about him in the ROW section if you want to talk about him Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:59pm
He plays for Northern Ireland. Why would a topic regarding him be in the ROI section?
El Puto Amo
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I started a thread here just wondering why we never tried to involve Conor Washington, a striker playing regularly in the championship.  Not a super-important topic or anything, but interesting to those interested in recruitment to the ROI team.

Of course, some users disagreed with the premise, as is their right.  Disagreeing about issues in Irish football is part of the point of forums like this.  

However, they said they were complaining to the Mods to get the topic locked. The Mods locked it.  No one can express a view on this now.  

No offensive or abusive language used.  The topic relates to ROI's recruitment and so rightfully belongs in the ROI section.  If people don't want to read it, they don't have to open it.  

However, the powers that be on here just decided they didn't want this topic discussed.

A bit ridiculous to be censoring fans on here just because they disagree with the views of those that run the forum.  

Particularly when YBIG (rightfully) gets angry about the FAI trying to censor fans with banners at matches.  

It would be a lot better if the forum would allow all views - not just those that agree with the views of the Mods.  Don't censor, so long as they're not abuse, incitement to hatred etc.  

Lads, if you only want to accept views of those that agree with you and censor everyone else - it's going to be a pretty useless forum - just an echo chamber for yourselves.  It's not going to be representative of those of us that support the Irish team at home and abroad.

You're only on here what 2 months? If you don't like it then you know where to go Big smile
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:01pm
This section has always been for players eligible for our national team, there's sweet f**k all rules to this place but it's always been like that

Not sure how it couldn't have been added to a previous eligibility pr scouting thread, if we had a new thread on here for every player who could have played for us there'd be no room for anything else

And no, I'm not a mod
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:13pm
The thread goes to how we recruit for our national team.  A pretty important topic for the success of the ROI team.  It should rightfully be included in the ROI section.  

If people think it's a boring topic they don't have to read it, and it falls aside.  No harm done.  But no need to censor views because they annoy you or you disagree with them.

Green Devil: these forums should be for all fans of the Irish team - with whatever views - not just those who created a profile first back in the days when they invented the internet.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:21pm
There you have it Liuz. Locking this too. Clogging up the place with shyte. If you want to waffle about a named player such as Washington who does not play for us then start your own topic in the relevant section. It would have been fine in the ROW section. If you want to talk about player recruitment then use one of the threads already discussing such issues. People just start threads now without even checking if one already exists. It only serves to push other useful topics off the front page. You dont have to like my decision to lock it, but thats the way it is.

FYI, when i copped the topic title i was locking it anyway well before i spotted the request to lock it from PM.

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Oct 2016 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic