You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel from Budapest to Vienna on the Friday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegalwayjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travel from Budapest to Vienna on the Friday
    Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:48pm

Hi All

First post here. I am travelling to the Ireland v Austria game with 2 others via Budapest on Friday and back Sunday. Anyone else travelling similar and interested in sharing mini bus?

I am looking to save a few pound.

Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:29pm
€13 each way for the train doubt will get a minibus for much cheaper
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:51pm
Yeah i'm going via train. I've gotten a minibus to Vienna from Budapest recently and it was 15 quid a head
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:56pm
Train was the only job last time but Ringerbell and Panteira had to be told to sit down by the conductor
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:59pm
If you really want to save on it try Bla Bla Car or more likely Oszkar (you will need a Hungarian speaker for that one though)

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Oct 2016 at 3:59pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:07pm
Also if people are in Budapest on Thursday night myself and mates are heading to Jack Doyle's (actual good Irish pub) for a skinful
joegalwayjoe View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegalwayjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:21pm
Thanks Lads.

I was looking at the high speed train and it was 100 euro return.

26 return looks much better Big smile

Thanks lads
martinfai86 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinfai86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:44pm
me and 3 others are on the flight to budapest on friday, Booked our train 19e each way.
Staying in budapest for a night on sunday.
Breen for Barca
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 6:29pm
www.mav-start.hu is the place to get your train tickets.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 6:23pm
Im going Vienna - Budapest on the Sunday.Im sure it was mentioned somewhere here but am I correct I can only book the train ticket from the Austrian website ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:25am
The issue is that tickets bought on the Hungarian website have to be picked up in Hungary.

So if you are flying into Budapest, grand, just pick up your ticket in Hungary before heading up to Vienna. If you are not going to be in Hungary before heading down on Sunday, then you won't be able to pick up the ticket.

In that case, you should still be able to book the ticket on www.oebb.at, albeit it is quite fiddly to use. It used to be a lot more straightforward but they've made it irritatingly awkward.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 2:36pm
SD Thumbs Up

one way ticket is €38:80 and that looks to be the same price as buying on the day at the station so I think ill just wait till I get there and pick whatever time I want.Plenty of trains to choose from.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:46pm
Yeah, only the 18:07, arriving 20:43, has cheaper tickets left. They're still 29 euro, so not even a massive saving, and too late for the 17:10 flight home, which I'm guessing you're on.

So it's just as handy to buy your tickets there.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, only the 18:07, arriving 20:43, has cheaper tickets left. They're still 29 euro, so not even a massive saving, and too late for the 17:10 flight home, which I'm guessing you're on.

So it's just as handy to buy your tickets there.

Not flying home until Monday SD so just wanna get to Budapest in time for a good session LOL
joegalwayjoe View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegalwayjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:14pm
We arrive into Budapest on Friday. Is there train to city centre to get connection to Vienna?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic