7 [25.93%]
4 [14.81%]
1 [3.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Agree GD. Hamilton is also finished as a commentator. Doesn't know the league well enough,always calling the players the wrong name etc. Croly would be better off in the studio with Kerr as commentator (as someone said earlier). The set up Eir Sport have has really shown up how sh*t the coverage is on RTE.
Croly would be better off working for Dulux talking about the quality of their finishes. Last night was just awful from RTE, tokenism at it's finest.

LOL

With all due respect do you not think you could offer some personality or dynamism to a top of the table clash?

I've never commentated before but by heck I'd be confident in upstaging Croly. 
There are lads in Glasnevin with more personality than him, it is astounding that he is on television in any shape or form.
Sponsored Links

Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:19am
Whatever about the commentary and studio punditry, I thought the sound mixing was very poor. By all accounts Oriel was rocking but RTE failed to convey that atmosphere. Surely they could place mics nearer the home and away support and fade up the singing at appropriate times? All we got was an ambient sound which was barely audible under the commentary.  
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Whatever about the commentary and studio punditry, I thought the sound mixing was very poor. By all accounts Oriel was rocking but RTE failed to convey that atmosphere. Surely they could place mics nearer the home and away support and fade up the singing at appropriate times? All we got was an ambient sound which was barely audible under the commentary.  

They moved the mics away from the Shed after the last game when we sang f**k Delaney and the FAI.
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

They moved the mics away from the Shed after the last game when we sang f**k Delaney and the FAI.
Still heard it the last night Clap
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:02am
I take your point "Twoinarow" and the RTE switchboard would be jammers with complaints about obscene language. But the sound engineer or director could fade down any singing or shouting containing foul language and fade up any singing of a club`s anthem. In other words, Hamilton and Croly take a pause in commentary and the singing from both sets of fans takes centre stage.

"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:13pm

I take your point "Twoinarow" and the RTE switchboard would be jammers with complaints about obscene language. But the sound engineer or director could fade down any singing or shouting containing foul language and fade up any singing of a club`s anthem. In other words, Hamilton and Croly take a pause in commentary and the singing from both sets of fans takes centre stage.

the confederation members would have had Joe Duffy blocked up for months

Edited by Saint Tom - 14 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic