You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 767778
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Yeah surely the best hurling championship ever already and still 2 games left. Hopefully clare win the replay down in thurles and set up a truly unique final. Similar to last year when galway beat waterford.

71,000 at the match. The second highest semi final attendance ever after cork v waterfords 72,000 last year. Hurling definitely going through a boom mainly thanks to kilkenny declining and other teams improving. 

Meanwhile the football is crap and that's all down to Dublin dominating. The gaa made that mess themselves by investing way too much in the dubs. Lessons to be learned so hopefully they don't over fund Dublin in hurling over the next 20 or so years. 

Yes that's exactly it and not some of the other CBs making a bollox of things .......

Dublin haven't won any of their recent AI's finals  by a huge margin generally only a point or two 

Again, which counties were these?

I seem to remember you half dodged the question the last time I asked you.

Giving Kildare as an example and not knowing they had Hawkfield.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Yeah surely the best hurling championship ever already and still 2 games left. Hopefully clare win the replay down in thurles and set up a truly unique final. Similar to last year when galway beat waterford.

71,000 at the match. The second highest semi final attendance ever after cork v waterfords 72,000 last year. Hurling definitely going through a boom mainly thanks to kilkenny declining and other teams improving. 

Meanwhile the football is crap and that's all down to Dublin dominating. The gaa made that mess themselves by investing way too much in the dubs. Lessons to be learned so hopefully they don't over fund Dublin in hurling over the next 20 or so years. 

Yes that's exactly it and not some of the other CBs making a bollox of things .......

Dublin haven't won any of their recent AI's finals  by a huge margin generally only a point or two 

Again, which counties were these?

I seem to remember you half dodged the question the last time I asked you.

Giving Kildare as an example and not knowing they had Hawkfield.

Really ?

Might of known you'd stick your beak in here given the obsession you've had with me at times.  

Kildare and Meath are two fairly big counties who should be competitive in Leinster and haven't been. Dublins success is not an excuse 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 30 Jul 2018 at 12:21am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:20am
Why are you dodging the question?

Which county boards made a bollix of things?

See the 2017 Football Championship thread.  

Edited by Green Devil - 30 Jul 2018 at 12:23am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:22am

Kildare had plenty of money by all accounts about 8/10 years ago but rather than investing into proper structures they pissed against the wall with McGeeney and his backroom team.

Kildare have won 3 of the last 5 Leinster Minor Championships contesting 4 Finals.

Kildare have won 1 Leinster U-21 Championship since 2013 and contested 3 Finals out of the last 5.

You obviously don't know about Kildare's state of the art training and development complex just outside Newbridge, Hawkfield! That cost nearly €4million to build.

The county are nearly debt free and hope to redevelopment St Conleths.

So they were a poor example. 

Bump 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:22am

Why are you dodging the question?

Which county boards made a bollix of things?

Kildare and Meath for starters. They've been nowhere near as competitive over the last few years  as they should be given the size of both counties. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 30 Jul 2018 at 12:24am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 12:37am
Hard to blame the county boards solely for that, especially when you factor in that maybe the players simply aren't in Meath at the moment?

Kildare are doing fine currently (winning minors and u21's in Leinster) and are performing at about their rightful level! People tend to forget that aside from the Mick O'Dwyer years Kildare for 50 years previous, they won f**k all.

I grew up playing with Laois underage teams when the lads a few years ahead of me were winning Leinsters and All Ireland's. Laois simply don't have the players and haven't had them for the last 6/7 years underage.

Yet, Kildare, Laois and Meath county boards have all overseen developments of top class centre of excellence facilities.

I think it's just unfortunate that Dublin GAA (footballers) is now a monster and the rest of the counties in Leinster simply haven't got the rescources or even the players currently to bridge the gap.

I do think money and more funding for coaches would help no end in the smaller counties and the GAA should be doing more, but I don't think money is the sole reason Dublin are ahead of the pack, not at all. They're just a brilliant side and their attention to detail is that of a Premiership football club or a top Rugby side.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:30am
Any Ybigers want a free hill ticket for Sunday?  Won't make it email and print yourself free of charge first one to Pm me Smile
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 767778
  Share Topic